Business and Property Owner Information
The project has, and will continue to receive comments via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, comment cards, or phone calls.
March 2-3, 2015 Property & Business Owner Meeting Materials: Meetings with property owners and business owners adjacent to the roadway were held to allow them to review the staff-recommended 6-Lane Including Transit Refined Alignment map. Broadway project team, Task Force members who are themselves business and property owners, and City staff engaged in discussions with those who attended; a report of the comments received from the meetings will be provided to the Citizens Task Force as part of the input gathered during the comment period for their consideration.
A Meeting Summary Report is now available. Meeting attendees were asked to:
- Review the possible impacts to their properties (Click for presentation slides regarding alignment map)
- Hear the key milestones and estimated project schedule (Click for presentation slide)
- Share what concerns them most (Click for survey form)
- Consider parking concepts and other tools available that might help their properties function better post-construction
Development Diagrams - how properties can be reconfigured under existing Code to provide additional parking, access for garbage trucks and emergency service, ingress/egress, and more
- Understand what steps can be taken now to better prepare for the acquisition process and construction.
Be Part of the Solution checklist (March 2015)
- RTA MainStreet Business Assistance Program provides a host of resources to business owners and property owners in the immediate Broadway corridor and within the project study area 1/4-mile north and south of Broadway. (www.mainstreetinfo.org)
Program Guide of Services (11x17/4-pages)
Resources Directory for Businesses (print version, 24MB; web viewing version, 4MB)
- City's Economic Initiatives Office provides assistance to small businesses, including the Small Business Hotline - 520.837.4100.
- The Sunshine Mile Merchants have also organized, providing an enterprising network of businesses from this area.
- Real Estate Program brochure - "Your rights and benefits as a displaced person under the Federal Relocation Assistance Program"
- Handout regarding the Broadway Historic Buildings Inventory Report, the City's Historic Preservation Office in the Office of Integrated Planning, and historic preservation tax incentive programs
July 2014 Business & Property Owner Meetings
During the summer of 2014, businesses and property owners on Broadway within the project area met with City staff and project team members. Attendees learned about the project, alternatives being considered, and what possible "tools are in their toolbox" as they work to make plans for themselves, their businesses, and their tenants.
Video 1. Welcome (1:45 min.)
Video 2. Broadway Project Information (11:40 mins.)
Estimated Project Schedule
Real Estate brochure - "Your rights and benefits as a displaced person under the Federal Relocation Assistance Program"
Video 4. Revitalization Options and Tools
Other Materials related to the July 2014 Business & Property Owners Meetings