MAYOR AND COUNCIL|
|15 mins.||1. Executive Session El Presidio Neighborhood Association v. Paige (Ward 1) SS/NOV15-99-542||DISCUSSION OR CONSULTATION WITH THE ATTORNEYS FOR THE CITY OF TUCSON IN ORDER TO CONSIDER ITS POSITION AND INSTRUCT ITS ATORNEYS REGARDING THE CITY OF TUCSONS POSITION IN PENDING OR CONTEMPLATED LITIGATION PURSUANT TO A.R.S. 38-431 (A) (4)|
|5 mins||2. Mayor and Council Direction Regarding Executive Session El Presidio Neighborhood Association v. Paige (Ward 1) SS/NOV15-99-543||REPORT/ RECOMMENDATION|
|10 mins.||3. Executive Session Settlement of Flood Damage Claims-(1) Tucson Electric Power, (2) Meritage Corporation (City-Wide) (Ward 1) SS/NOV15-99-538||DISCUSSION OR CONSULTATION FOR LEGAL ADVICE WITH THE ATTORNEYS FOR THE CITY OF TUCSON PURSUANT TO A.R.S. 38-431.03 (A) (3)|
|5 mins.||4. Mayor and Council Direction Regarding Executive Session Settlement of Flood Damage Claims-(1) Tucson Electric Power, (2) Meritage Corporation (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-539||REPORT/ RECOMMENDATION|
|35 mins.||5. Executive Session Labor Representation Ordinance Discussion (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-552||DISCUSSION OR CONSULTATION FOR LEGAL ADVICE WITH THE ATTORNEYS FOR THE CITY OF TUCSON PURSUANT TO A.R.S. 38-431.03 (A) (3)|
|10 mins.||6. Labor Representation Ordinance Discussion (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-553||DISCUSSION|
|15 mins.||7. Supplemental Grant Award Agreement COPS Universal Hiring Grant for Community-Oriented Policing Services (City-Wide) * SS/NOV15-99-549||REPORT/ RECOMMENDATION|
*ALSO ON REGULAR AGENDA
|5 mins.||8. Boards, Committees and Commissions (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-544|
|5 mins.||9. Mayor and Council Discussion of Regular Agenda SS/NOV15-99-545|
|15 mins.||10. City of South Tucson Economic Development (Ward 5) SS/NOV15-99-540||REPORT/ RECOMMENDATION|
RECONVENE AFTER REGULAR AGENDA
|5 mins.||11. Mayor and Council Subcommittees Status Report (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-547|
|10 mins.||12. Waiving of Rezoning Application Fees for Downzonings(City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-550||REPORT/ RECOMMENDATION|
|5 mins.||13. Mayor and Council Discussion of Future Agendas SS/NOV15-99-546|
|30 mins.||14. Tucson Downtown Alliance Financial and Performance Reports (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-541||REPORT/ RECOMMENDATION|
|40 mins.||15. El Pueblo Clinic Continued Discussions of Options for City Action (City-Wide) SS/NOV15-99-551||REPORT/DISCUSSION|
FOR INFORMATION ONLY
16. Administrative Action Report and Summary - SS/NOV15-99-548
NOVEMBER 15, 1999
MAYOR AND COUNCIL CHAMBERS
255 W. ALAMEDA
A. GRANT AWARD AGREEMENT: WITH THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE FOR COMMUNITY ORIENTED POLICING SERVICES
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-594 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18428 relating to law enforcement; approving and authorizing execution of a grant agreement with the United States Department of Justice for a police hiring supplement for community oriented policing services; authorizing the Chief of Police and City Manager to execute all documents pertaining thereto.
B. FINANCE: REALLOCATING BY MATURITY OUTSTANDING GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-595 CITY-WIDE
(2) Ordinance No. 9313. An ordinance relating to outstanding City of Tucson General Obligation Bonds; determining the purposes for which particular maturing principal amounts of such bonds were issued; supplementing and amending various prior ordinances; and declaring an emergency.
C. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT: WITH PIMA COUNTY FOR THE JACKSON EMPLOYMENT CENTER "EMPLOYMENT IN THE CONTINUUM OF CARE" SERVICES PROJECT
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-597 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18430 relating to intergovernmental agreements; approving and authorizing execution of an intergovernmental agreement with Pima County for the Jackson Employment Center for the "Employment in the Continuum of Care" Services Project.
D. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT: WITH MARICOPA COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT FOR SUN SOUNDS RADIO READING SERVICES
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-598 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18431 relating to community services; approving and authorizing execution and extension of an intergovernmental agreement with the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board for continued provision of radio reading services to eligible print-handicapped residents.
E. REAL PROPERTY: ACQUISITION OF RIGHT-OF-WAY FOR THE GOLF-LINKS ROAD BETWEEN PANTANO PARKWAY AND BONANZA AVENUE DISTRICT PAVING IMPROVEMENTS
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-596 WIII
(2) Resolution No. 18429 relating real property; authorizing the City Manager to acquire by negotiation, and the City Attorney to condemn if necessary, certain real property.
F. SURPLUS PROPERTY: APPROVAL OF DONATION OF 10 COMPUTERS TO JACOBS/CITY YMCA
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-602 CITY-WIDE
G. SURPLUS PROPERTY: APPROVAL OF DONATION OF 10 COMPUTERS TO MANSFELD MIDDLE SCHOOL
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-603 CITY-WIDE
H. TUCSON CODE: AMENDMENT (CHAPTER 19) RELATING TO OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE TAX AND COMMUNITY SPECIAL EVENT VENDORS; DESIGNATING TUCSON RODEO PARADE AS A COMMUNITY SPECIAL EVENT
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-592 CITY-WIDE
(2) Ordinance No. 9316 relating to finance; amending the Occupational License Tax to provide for community special event vendors by amending Section 19-41(C)(2) of the Tucson Code.
(3) Resolution No. 18433 relating to community special events; designating boundaries of the Tucson Rodeo Parade; establishing dates; designating certain streets, alleys, public rights-of-way, sidewalks or portions thereof subject to Tucson Code Section 7-401.
I. REAL PROPERTY: CONVEYANCE OF PROPERTY LOCATED AT 11305 EAST BROADWAY BOULEVARD
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-607 OUTSIDE CITY
(2) Resolution No. 18435 relating to real property; authorizing and approving the agreement for the exchange of real property between the City of Tucson and Dwight and Selene Jones.
J. LIQUOR LICENSES
A liquor license application will automatically be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item by the Mayor and Council if either of the following occurs: A protest against a liquor license application has been received by the City Clerk; OR, A City staff report recommends denial of a liquor license application.
(1) Report from City Manager NOV15-99-593
(2) ST. MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS EPISCOPAL CHURCH, Applicant: John R. Smith, 602 N. Wilmot Rd., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T116-99, WII
(3) MAIN STREET BILLIARDS, Applicant: John H. De Shetler, 8640 E. Broadway Blvd., PERSON TRANSFER, Series 6, City No. 094-99, WII
(4) DIZZY G'S RESTAURANT, Applicant: Russell B. Gillespie, 75 E. Pennington St., PERSON TRANSFER, Series 7, City No. 095-99, WVI
(5) BIG L MARKET, Applicant: Jamal A. Oudeif, 1353 S. 4th Ave., NEW LICENSE, Series 10, City No. 096-99, WV
(6) CLUB ESPAÑA DE TUCSON, Applicant: Vicente Sanchez, 2150 N. Alvernon Way, SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T119-99, WVI
(7) CHILDREN TO CHILDREN, Applicant: Linda P. Hardy, 4420 N. Oracle Rd., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T120-99, WIII
(8) PAPPY'S RESTAURANT, Applicant: Patricia A. Claves, 375 S. Stone Ave., NEW LICENSE, Series 12, City No. 112-99, WVI
(9) APPLEBEE'S NEIGHBORHOOD GRILL, Applicant: Kurtis S. Montgomery, 4625 E. Grant Rd., NEW LICENSE, Series 12, City No. 092-99, WII (CONTINUED FROM THE MEETING OF NOVEMBER 8, 1999)
(10) CUP & SAUCER RESTAURANT, Applicant: Charles W. Damon, Jr., 8987 E. Tanque Verde Rd., NEW LICENSE, Series 12, City No. 093-99, WII
RECOMMENDATION FOR DENIAL
(11) HOA MAI RESTAURANT, Applicant: Trang Xuan Thi Su, 2547 E. Broadway Blvd., PERSON TRANSFER, Series 7, City No. 097-99, WVI
RECOMMENDATION FOR DENIAL