RONSTADT TRANSIT CENTER JOINT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MOVES ON TO PHASE II OF THE PROPOSAL PROCESS
Mayor and Council will consider the Phase II Request for Proposals (RFP) in Executive Session on Tuesday, March 3, 2015.
For additional information on the Phase II RFP process, including written comments considered by staff in preparing the Revised RFP, and for information on the Phase I RFP see below.
Phase II Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Phase II RFP, now scheduled for release in March 2015, will require among other things a detailed design concept for a mixed-use development with transit to be located on the 4.7-acre downtown site.
- Responses to Written Comments
- Written Comments Received on Draft Phase II RFP and considered in the preparation of the Revised Phase II RFP
- Summary of Feb. 25, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- PowerPoint presented at Feb. 25, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- Draft Phase II RFP Text made available at Jan. 30, 2015
- Summary of Jan. 30, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- PowerPoint presented at Jan. 30, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- Summary of Phase II RFP Process
Phase I Request for Proposals (RFP)
Following an Executive Session on December 16, 2014, Mayor & Council publicly announced approval of the 13-member Selection Committee’s recommendation that two firms be invited to continue to Phase II.
Additional Project Information
- Successful Launch of New Modern Streetcar Media Coverage
- 2014 Incentive-Based Development Study, 2014, Downtown Tucson Partnership
Offers pro formas for prototype mixed-use developments using available incentive modeling.
- 2014 Downtown Investment Study, Downtown Tucson Partnership
Provides information on private and public development activity in the area.
- Downtown Grocery Store to Open December, 2014 Across the Street from Site
- New AC Marriot Hotel to be Built One Block from Site
Project Background Information
- Project flyer (pdf)
- Phase I documents and amendments (City of Tucson Procurement)
- Federal Transit Administration
- Public Participation
- Relevant Plans & Initiatives
- Existing Zoning (Office Commercial Residential - 2)
- Ronstadt Transit Center Photos
- Ronstadt Transit Center Improvements, Project Update, 2014
- Environmental Reports
- RTC Meeting Summaries