Written Questions/Comments submitted by attendees at the July 22, 2015, RTC Joint Development Project Public Presentations. Click here for the Spreadsheet.
Additional Questions and Comments on these presentations can be emailed to Rebecca.Ruopp@tucsonaz.gov through this Friday, July 31, 2015. Any additional Questions/Comments will be posted by August 7, 2015.
The Questions/Comments are being provided to the two teams that presented on July 22, 2015, for their review and response. Responses will be posted upon receipt later in the fall.
PLEASE NOTE: The Question/Comment Spreadsheet includes 3 columns as follows:
Column 1: QUESTIONS/COMMENTS
Column 2: OFFEROR (On the yellow cards, commenters could indicate for whom their Questions/Comments were intended -- i.e., The Alexander Company or Peach Properties. If both or neither box was checked, the Questions/Comments were considered to be for "Both" Offerors. A few Questions/Comments that were determined to be most appropriately answered by the City of Tucson are included at the end of the sheet.)
Column 3: CATEGORY (Staff organized the Questions/Comments into 7 categories, including (1) Architecture/Design, (2) Uses & Parking, (3) Transit Rider Services, (4) Site Layout / Functionality / Circulation, (5) Project Costs / Funding, (6) Development Timeline, (7) General / Multiple Topics. Please note that these categories are repeated for each Offeror designation.)
To watch the July 22, 2015 videos of both teams presentations click here.
The Alexander Company/Oasis Tucson Proposal
Peach Properties Proposal
Questions and comments about the proposals can be emailed to Rebecca.Ruopp@tucsonaz.gov through Friday, July 31, 2015.
Please indicate which proposal your question or comment pertains to.
The Phase II RFP, released on March 12, 2015, will require among other things a detailed design concept for a mixed-use development with transit to be located on the 4.7-acre downtown site.
- Responses to Written Comments
- Written Comments Received on Draft Phase II RFP and considered in the preparation of the Revised Phase II RFP
- Summary of Feb. 25, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- PowerPoint presented at Feb. 25, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- Draft Phase II RFP Text made available at Jan. 30, 2015
- Summary of Jan. 30, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- PowerPoint presented at Jan. 30, 2015, Stakeholders Meeting
- Summary of Phase II RFP Process
Phase I Request for Proposals (RFP)
Following an Executive Session on December 16, 2014, Mayor & Council publicly announced approval of the 13-member Selection Committee’s recommendation that two firms be invited to continue to Phase II.
Additional Project Information
- 2014 Comprehensive Operational Analysis of Transit
- Congress Street Circulation Study
- Successful Launch of New Modern Streetcar Media Coverage
- 2014 Incentive-Based Development Study, 2014, Downtown Tucson Partnership
Offers pro formas for prototype mixed-use developments using available incentive modeling.
- 2014 Downtown Investment Study, Downtown Tucson Partnership
Provides information on private and public development activity in the area.
- Downtown Grocery Store to Open December, 2014 Across the Street from Site
- New AC Marriot Hotel to be Built One Block from Site
Project Background Information
- Project flyer (pdf)
- Phase I documents and amendments (City of Tucson Procurement)
- Federal Transit Administration
- Public Participation
- Relevant Plans & Initiatives
- Existing Zoning (Office Commercial Residential - 2)
- Ronstadt Transit Center Photos
- Ronstadt Transit Center Improvements, Project Update, 2014
- Environmental Reports
- RTC Meeting Summaries