KIDCO (KIDCO Offices: 791-5909)
An after-school recreation program for ages 5-11 (must be enrolled in kindergarten through 5th grade. Proof of completion may be required.) and the summer recreation program for ages 5-11 (must have completed kindergarten through 5th).
- A safe, comfortable place for children to be after school and during the summer.
- An opportunity for kids to express themselves through various art forms, sports and special events.
- A place to practice physical fitness, experience healthy alternatives and learn respect for the body.
- An environment that helps encourage listening and caring and where positive values are reinforced.
- An opportunity to develop varied interests, to practice recreational skills and to experience positive use of leisure time.
- A time for friendships and socializing.
KIDCO registration is handled through Registration Services on a space available basis during the summer and fall (school year) sessions.
KIDCO Summer will run for two 4-week sessions. First session: June 7-27; second session: June 30-July 25. To register for the entire 8-week program, you must register for both sessions.
The Inclusion program provides structured recreational and social opportunities for youth with learning and/or developmental disabilities who are ready for inclusion. Must have self-help skills, want to participate in activities and display successful inclusion. Qualifying participants must call 837-8060 to register for this program.
* KIDCO is eligible for the Discount Program.
A KIDCO payment plan is available. Contact Registration Services at 520-791-4877 or your local District Office for more information about KIDCO. Current sites are listed in the Program Guide & Class Catalog.
Oury Recreation Center Drop-in After-school Program (ages 5-12)
Program Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm and Wednesday from 1:00-6:00 pm. Activities include: Homework time, games, arts and crafts, movies, sports, guest speakers and field trips. Drop-ins must pay the center's daily fee. There is no drop-in during the summer.
This program is offered at Oury Recreation Center, 600 W. St. Mary's Rd., 520-791-4788.
Schoolzout Program (ages 5-12)
Day camps offered at recreation centers during school days off and holiday breaks. (Not all days offered at all centers.) Activities include games, sports, arts and crafts, cooking, performing arts, field trips and special theme activities. Fee required. For more information please contact centers.
Freedom Center Teen Program (ages 12-17)
(During school year)
A.C.T.I.O.N. program Wednesday, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Offers the participant a means to exprerience, gain knowledge, and formulate an opinion on current issues affecting their community through the creation of a series of appropriate media. Freedom Center, 5000 E. 29th St., 520-791-4969.
In-Betweener's Club (ages 11-14)
This is a program for youth ages 11-14 (11 year olds must have completed 5th grade). Offered at:
- Archer Center, 1665 S. La Cholla., 791-4355
- Cherry Avenue Center, 5085 S. Cherry Ave., 791-4497
- El Pueblo Regional Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd., 791-5155
- El Rio Neighborhood Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd., 791-4683
- Donna R. Liggins Recreation Center, 2160 N. 6th Ave., 791-3247
- Marty Birdman Center, 2536 N. Castro, 791-5950
- Oury Center, 600 W. St. Mary's Rd., 791-4788
- Quincie Douglas Center, 1775 E. 36th St., 791-2507
- Santa Rosa Center, 1080 S. 10th Ave., 791-4589
* In-Betweener's Club participants may be eligible for the Discount Program.
Participant must pay the daily fee at each center or purchase an IBC pass for $18/3 months
Summer Junior Staff in Training Program (Ages 14-17) (Contact: 791-5909)
The focus of the Junior Staff in Training program is to provide teens with an experience aimed at improving leadership skills and preparing teens ages 14-17 for possible future employment in the field of recreation.
- All teen candidates must participate and pass a mandatory interview. Interviews will take place the week of March 16-20, 2015. Call Mike Davis at (520) 837-8137 by March 11, 2015 to schedule your interview, site availability and registration information.
- Registration cost: $70 City Residents/ $88 Non-City Residents.
- Junior Staff in Training will be required to attend an orientation prior to starting the program.
- Junior Staff in Training may work a maximum of 30 hours per week.
- Space is limited and site locations may vary.
* Junior Staff in Training participant may be eligible for the Discount Program.
Santa Rosa double Digit Teen Club (ages 10-13)
For ages 10-13. Meets Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Club includes: sport competitions, cooking, crafts, field trips, special events, and community service projects.
Participants must pay Center's use fee.
Santa Rosa Center, 1080 S. 10th Ave., 520-791-4589.