Summary File 1 Description
SUMMARY FILE 1: Description
Summary File 1 (SF 1) contains the 100-percent data, which is the information compiled from the questions asked of all people and about every housing unit.
• Population items include sex, age, race, Hispanic or Latino, household relationship, and group quarters.
• Housing items include occupancy status, vacancy status, and tenure (owner occupied or renter occupied).
There is a total of 171 population tables (identified with a "P") and 56 housing tables (identified with an "H") shown down to the block level, and 59 population tables shown down to the census tract level (identified with a "PCT") for a total of 286 tables.
Geographic areas include states, counties, places, census tracts, block groups, blocks, zipcode areas, congressional districts (106th), and American Indian areas.
There are 14 population tables and 4 housing tables shown down to the block level, and 4 population tables shown down to the census tract level that are repeated by major race and Hispanic or Latino groups.
SF 1 includes:
• Population and housing characteristics for the total population,
• Population totals for an extensive list of race (American Indian and Alaska Native tribes, Asian, and Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander) and Hispanic or Latino groups, and
• Population and housing characteristics for a limited list of race and Hispanic or Latino groups.
Population and housing items may be cross-tabulated. Selected aggregates and medians also are provided.
The entire data set [some 39 data files and one geographic file] may be downloaded from:http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/2001/sumfile1.html (Internet Link)