skip navigation
Crime Victims Non-Domestic Violence

Legal Options

An Injunction Against Harassment

You may request that there be no physical contact between you and the defendant by completing and filing injunction papers. The injunction remains in effect for six months and may be renewed. (Call 520-791-4971).

The defendant has the right to request a hearing to contest the injunction.  Tucson City Court charges a fee to file and serve the injunction. If you are unable to pay, you can request a waiver form. (Call 520-791-4971) 

An injunction can be filed in addition to criminal charges. Link to City Court’s web site re How to file an order of protection.

Misdemeanor Compromise

You may choose to enter an agreement with the defendant, or the defendant’s attorney, in which you recommend that the charges in which you are the victim be dismissed.

This generally occurs after the defendant has reimbursed a victim for any economic loss, or because a victim does not wish to prosecute. A victim’s decision to enter a compromise is strictly voluntary. Link to form and instructions.

Important Phone Numbers and E-mail Addresses

Information and Referral - 881-1794. Connects people with helping agencies throughout Southern Arizona.  See also,

Arizona Attorney General's Office of Victim Services

Tucson City Prosecutor’s Office
Prosecutes misdemeanor cases in Tucson City Court.

Victim Notification & Assistance
Notifies victims of upcoming City Court appearance dates; explains victims’ rights; answers questions about court proceedings; accompanies victims to court by appointment.

City Court Probation
520-791-2581 or Pima County Adult Probation - 740-3800.
Provide information about the probationary status of defendants.

for additional City Court information

Crime Victim Compensation Program
Offers monetary assistance to those who qualify.

Pima County Jail
Call for the status of a defendant taken to jail. 
You can also check at their web site:

Family Assistance, Dept. of Economic Security
Offers emergency welfare assistance to those who qualify.

Pima County Attorney’s Office
Prosecutes felony cases in Pima County Superior Court.

Pima County Victim-Witness
Provides on-site crisis intervention and assistance 24-hours a day. 
You may request Victim-Witness assistance from the police officers who respond to your call.

Women Helping Women
YWCA sponsored.

Lawyer’s Referral Service - 520-623-4625 or
Southern Arizona Legal Aid - 520-623-9461.
Offers legal aid to victims with low incomes.

Police or Sheriff - 911

Tucson Police Department    
520-791-4452 /-4444

South Tucson Police Department    

Sheriff’s Department