-Upcoming Area Neighborhood and Coalition Meeting(s)
-Did You Know?
HB 2339 allows a person with a valid conceal carry permit to carry a firearm on their person while at a public event or public establishment.
HB 2517 makes statutory changes relating to state preemption and penalties in regard to firearms.
SB1063 exempts a lawful firearm possessor who enters a public establishment or public event from misconduct involving weapons if proper storage is not provided for the weapon.
Ward 3 Events:
- Ward 3 Water Town Hall – Thursday, April 24th from 6:00 - 7:30 pm at Ward 3 1510 W. Grant Rd. Karin and Tucson Water invite you to celebrate Water Awareness Month and learn more about water! Meet experts, ask questions, and enjoy light refreshments. Check out this link for more detail: http://1.usa.gov/1g9u7yf
- Shred-it Event – Saturday, April 26th from 9:00 am – noon at Mansfield Park 2000 N. 4th Avenue. Karin and Pima County Constable Bennett Bernal invite you to bring documents that you wish to have securely destructed. Your first box is free and everything after that costs only $5.00 a box! Proceeds to benefit Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse and Lend a Hand. A flyer is available at http://1.usa.gov/1eZdy47 or contact Brianda Torres at 520-791-4711 for more information.
- Fiesta to Benefit Lend A Hand – Saturday, April 26th at 6:00 pm. Join your neighbors for a delicious, fun-filled Mexican fiesta to benefit Lend A Hand, the non-profit organization that provides free services to Seniors in 13 Tucson neighborhoods. Menu includes fresh guacamole, Nando’s mesquite grilled carne asada, coffee flan and more! $35 per person ($25 tax deductible). RSVP to Junie at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16th.
- Suppers for Signs – Sunday, April 27th 4:30 pm Reception and 5:15 pm Supper. Join the Jefferson Park neighborhood for supper, Louie’s famous Sangria, a raffle, and a display of historic photos from the oral history project. Supper is $15.00 and JP wine glasses may be purchased for $10. Proceeds will contribute to the purchase of 32 street signs for the Jefferson Park historic designation. By reservation only. Call 623-9044.
- Amphi Action Day - Saturday, May 10th 8:00 am - 1:30 pm at Amphi Park 510 E Navajo Rd. Help out with this great neighborhood event! Mayor Jonathan Rothschild, Council Member Uhlich and Graffiti Protective Coatings (GPC) are teaming up to help us abate graffiti and clean-up refuse in the Amphi neighborhood. We are looking for 30 volunteers from the community to help. Breakfast and t-shirts will be provided as well as lunch at the wrap-up celebration in the park. Please contact Brianda or Matt at 520-791-4711 or email@example.com for more information or to sign-up to volunteer. Volunteer groups registered by the 27th get their logo on the event t-shirt.
Upcoming Neighborhood and Coalition Meetings:
Did You Know...?
…that the Little Free Library program is a great way to get neighbors greeting neighbors! Essentially, you set up a little bookstand and take a book/leave a book. Folks at the Maker House are going to be making a Little Free Library. If you would be interested in getting one for your neighborhood please contact the Ward 3 office at 520-791-4711 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is a lot of interest perhaps they will make more of them! More information about the program in general can be found at http://littlefreelibrary.org. You can also check out Dunbar Spring’s Little Free Library at the intersection of 2nd Street & 10th Avenue, near the Gila Monster sculpture.