- The property must be single-family residential or small commercial with a Tucson Water account. (Small commercial is defined as a property with a single meter that is 5/8" or 3/4". Properties with more than one meter or meters larger than 3/4" do not qualify. Call 520-791-4331 for verification.)
- Purchase and install a qualifying rainwater harvesting system after September 27, 2011. (Changes were made to this rebate program effective June 1, 2013.)
- All tanks/cisterns must be closed and have a light-proof system with insect- and critter-proof entry points, as well as a secure lid for safety.
- Rain barrels must have a minimum screen and child/pet safety lid.
- Used or reconditioned tanks do not qualify for rebates.
- Applicant must attend an approved Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program Workshop.
- The rainwater harvesting system must be permanent.
To claim your rebate you will need to:
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the rainwater harvesting rebate application form.
- Include a rainwater harvesting project plan with the rebate application to demonstrate the selection, use, and anticipated outcomes of the practices. The plan requirements will be addressed in the workshop training.
- Attach the itemized original receipt(s) for the qualifying materials. (Tucson Water does not accept scanned documents or photocopies.)
- Receipts submitted for materials and labor must be from licensed businesses/contractors and show:
- Itemized work and/or materials
- Date work performed or materials purchased
- Applicable sales tax and total
(Note: Handwritten notes do not substitute for a receipt. Click here for examples of receipts that do not meet criteria.)
Send your completed application form and itemized original receipt(s) to:
City of Tucson Water Department
Public Information/Conservation Office – Rain
PO Box 27210
Tucson, AZ 85726-7210