This program is available to single-family residential and small commercial Tucson Water customers. (Small commercial is defined as a property with a single meter that is 5/8” or 3/4”. Properties with more than one meter or meters larger than 3/4” do not qualify.)
Tucson Water will rebate qualifying rainwater harvesting system costs under two levels of funding up to a maximum of $2,000. Applicants may apply for both a passive and an active rebate not exceeding $2,000 for the combination.
Applicants must attend an approved Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program Workshop to qualify for the rebate program. If you have questions, call Tucson Water's Public Information / Conservation Office (PICO) at 520-791-4331 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rainwater Harvesting Program Resources:
- Rainwater Harvesting Rebate Program brochure - English
- Rebate application and policy - Systems purchased/installed 7/1/15 or later
- Rebate application and policy - Systems purchased/installed 6/1/13 through 6/30/15
- Rebate application and policy - Systems purchased/installed before 6/1/13
- Most Requested Information
- Harvesting Rainwater: A Guide to Water-Efficient Landscaping
- Rainwater Harvesting and Gray Water Reuse Resources
Rainwater Harvesting Program Videos:
- "Examples of Rainwater Harvesting"
- Ad: "Rainwater Harvesting Rebates Up to $2,000"
- Program information (English)
- Program information (Spanish)
Free workshops for the Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Rebate Program are offered by:
Pima County Cooperative Extension/SmartScape Program
Watershed Management Group
Alternative Water Source Irrigation System & Backflow Prevention Requirements
Use of an irrigation system that is pressurized with any kind of pump must have a reduced pressure principle assembly (RPA) installed at the service connection to protect the public water system from potential contamination. For more information on backflow assembly requirements for alternative water sources (rainwater and gray water irrigation systems), download "Rainwater and Gray Water Irrigation Systems" , visit the Backflow Prevention web page, or call 520-791-2650 .