Free workshops for the Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Rebate Program are offered by:
Pima County Cooperative Extension/SmartScape Program
Watershed Management Group
The 3-hour workshop covers residential rainwater harvesting and qualification requirements for the Single Family Residential Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program rebate provided by Tucson Water. After completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the application process for the RWH Incentive;
- Discern between Level 1 and Level 2 of the Incentive Structure and associated eligible practices;
- Distinguish between passive (earthworks) and active (conveyance and containment) rainwater harvesting systems and determine which system(s) are most appropriate for the proposed site;
- Conduct a site analysis and determine onsite water resources;
- Calculate potential for site water supply, demand, and supplemental storage;
- Develop a rainwater harvesting project plan.
Participants are encouraged to bring a basic site plan (sketch or bird's-eye view) of their property to work on during the last hour of the class.