Workshops for the Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Rebate Program are held at the Pima County Cooperative Extension, 4210 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson. Register through the SmartScape Program website. For assistance, call (520) 626-5161.
The 3-hour workshop covers residential rainwater harvesting and qualification requirements for the Single Family Residential Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program rebate provided by Tucson Water. After completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the application process for the RWH Incentive;
- Discern between Level 1 and Level 2 of the Incentive Structure and associated eligible practices;
- Distinguish between passive (earthworks) and active (conveyance and containment) rainwater harvesting systems and determine which system(s) are most appropriate for the proposed site;
- Conduct a site analysis and determine onsite water resources;
- Calculate potential for site water supply, demand, and supplemental storage;
- Develop a rainwater harvesting project plan.
Participants are encouraged to bring a basic site plan (sketch or bird's-eye view) of their property to work on during the last hour of the class.
Watershed Management Group (396-3266) also offers free qualifying workshops. To register, call WMG directly. For other questions, call Tucson Water's Public Information / Conservation Office (PICO) at (520) 791-4331 or e-mail PICO.