The City of Tucson lists permanent and non-permanent positions for which we are currently accepting applications on the Tucson@Work Online Employment Center. To view and apply for positions, click on the job title or job number on the Tucson @ Work website.
Whether you're a teen, adult, or senior you can make a difference in your community! The City of Tucson Parks and Recreation Department encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels and welcomes volunteers as individuals or as groups.
Minimum age requirements are listed for individuals but younger participants may be accepted with parent or guardian supervision. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at TPRDVolunteers@tucsonaz.gov or 520-837-8020 for more information.
Submit a Parks and Recreation Volunteer Application Form
- Park Maintenance (minimum age: 16)
- Special Events (minimum age: 16)
Reid Park Zoo also welcomes docents, teen volunteers, and college interns. Please see their Volunteer & Internship Opportunities webpage
Court Ordered Community Service
The department also offers opportunities to fulfill your court order community service requirements.
You can fulfill your court ordered community service requirements through Tucson Parks and Recreation.
There are 5 steps for approval:
- Disqualification Acts: A list of "Disqualification Acts" will be provided once you contact us. A person will be disqualified from providing services if they were involved in any of the offenses on the list.
- Volunteer Screening: A volunteer screening will be done to ensure that only those volunteers meeting the established criteria will be working in our facilities.
- Community Service Application: Information will be collected solely for the purpose of determining the applicant's eligibility for acceptance into the community service program.
- Community Service Agreement: A signed agreement stating that an individual will comply with our policies and procedures. We reserve the right to terminate if requirements are not met.
- Waiver of Liability: A signed document containing emergency information and a release of a participant's legal rights in situations such as injury and property loss or damage.
Please email us at TPRDvolunteers@tucsonaz.gov if you are interested in fulfilling your community service requirements through Parks and Recreation.
What is Team Up to Clean Up?
The City of Tucson, along with other community partners, is leading a citywide clean up effort. Everyone in the community -- individuals, families, neighbors, groups, and City employees -- can participate as a citywide team working together to clean up and improve this special place we call home.