Remote Video Inspection allows our inspectors to use a video call on a 4G smartphone or tablet to visit your job site virtually to conduct the inspection remotely.
To see how a PDSD Remote Video Inspection works, watch this video.
The process for Remote Video Inspection is as follows:
- Schedule your Remote Video Inspection through TDC Online.
- The customer prepares for the video call by making sure their phone or tablet is charged, having the appropriate tools ready, and pausing loud construction activity.
- The City inspector will initiate the Remote Video Inspection call to you at the time scheduled on your chosen platform (or app) and will conduct the inspection remotely.
- Your inspection results will be available immediately on your TDC Online dashboard, and the following day on Property Research Online.
Technical requirements for customers
- Ensure your inspection location has 4G connectivity and your smart phone or tablet has 4G connectivity.
- You must have FaceTime or Google Duo on your phone or tablet in order to conduct the Remote Video Inspection.