The City of Tucson Planning and Development Services Department (PDSD) will no longer accept paper building plan documents submitted for review. Walkthrough service will be available, but the application and documents must be submitted in advance. There will be a grace period until Friday, January 31, 2020, for applications not submitted electronically.
Steps to submit an application electronically:
- Upload application, plan set, and any applicable documents to the PDSD Filedrop.
- Once the application has been submitted via the PDSD Filedrop, allow up to five working days to determine if the application is complete, to receive notice if your application will be accepted or if revisions are required, and the applicable fee.
- The fee is due when the application is ready to be accepted. Applicants submit payment through the online payment portal (the blue button at the top of the PDSD website). Please allow 72 hours to process payment.
Benefits of Electronic Application Submittals:
- Save money and the environment:
- Electronic submittals save the need for reproductions of paper copies, so customers save printing costs and natural resources.
- Save time:
- Electronic submittals are available to view online faster because paper documents need to be scanned before available via Property Research Online (PRO).
- Electronic submittals give multiple staff the ability to review and provide comments on a plan set at the same time.
Questions? Contact staff: Juan Garcia at Juan.Garcia@tucsonaz.gov