Project #31 - City Public Parking Garage at Plaza Centro
- Broadway and Toole
- Total Estimated Project Cost
- Expenditures to Date Through 10/31/2011
- Estimated date of completion as of 12/1/2010
- Project Contact
- Chris Leighton
- Design and construct City owned, Parkwise operated 400 stall public parking garage on city-owned land west of Union Pacific right of way, east of Toole, between Broadway and 4th Av.
- Additional Info
- Mayor and Council adopted resolution 21313 on June 9, 2009 approving and authorizing a development agreement between the City of Tucson and OT Kino, LLC for development of the Plaza Centro project on two currently city owned parcels on either side of Toole between Broadway and 4th/Congress. The agreement requires the City of Tucson to design and construct a public parking garage on the property as a precondition to the developer purchasing the land and starting his mixed-use, high density, pedestrian oriented development. The City garage will be integrated into the overall development, meeting public parking needs in the area, including those of the Plaza Centro development.
- City of Tucson, Rio Nuevo District, Downtown, Capital Improvement Project
- Last Update
Project #31 - Status
|09-Sep-11||Garage opened 9/8/11. Now completing punch list items.|
|04-Aug-11||Grand opening 9/8/2011.
|02-Dec-10||Under Construction, Scheduled to open by 8/31/11|
|01-Oct-10||Ground Breaking Ceremony held October 1, 2010.|
|07-Sep-10||Final environmental study in process.
Permit and condo plat in final review.
|05-Aug-10||Final envioronmental study in process.|
|01-Jul-10||Design continues; working toward finalizing condominium plat documents to enable construction financing.|
|03-May-10||Environmental clean-up nearing completion|
|06-Apr-10||Schematic design complete. Projected design and construction costs indicate the garage will be self sufficient. Final site environmental cleanup in process. Full design and construction await Mayor and Council approval of financing and placement of financing.|
|01-Feb-10||Awaiting cost estimate for cleanup of assay office area,
Design Review Board provided constructive feedback and input,
Schematic design completed awaiting City direction to continue design.
|30-Oct-09||Archeology testing on parcel 1 confirmed research of prior site uses and showed need for documentation of findings. Budget increased accordingly. Parcel 2 archeology rescheduled to much later in the project to enable continuous use of public parking on the parcel. Parking garage is in schematic design; construction contracting is in progress.|