The City of Tucson is accepting special event applications. All requests are being processed in the order they are received to ensure venue availability without conflicts. Event applications should be submitted at least 60 days in advance, but not more than one year before the event date. Applications submitted within 30 days of an event may not be accepted.
Events need to comply with Pima County Health Department guidelines.
For specific questions regarding the special event application process, call 520-791-4873, option 3, or email email@example.com.
Tucson is home to many great special events including the Tucson Rodeo Parade, 4th Avenue Street Fair, St. Patrick's Day celebration, El Tour de Tucson, and the All Souls Procession.
This Special Event webpage is intended to assist event organizers in planning their unique events.
Do I need a Special Event Permit? (see Planning and Development Services information for circus, carnival and tent shows)
- Insurance Requirements (PDF)
- Insurance Quote Request form (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information.)
Parks and Recreation (520-791-4873)
Tucson Fire Department (520-791-4502)
- Operational Permit (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information. Select "Special Event.")
- Tent Requirements (PDF)
- Cooking Booths (PDF)
- Food Truck Vendor Guidelines
Street Closures (DTM, 520-791-5100)
- Barricade Companies (PDF)
- Right-of-Way Application
- Reserving Metered Spaces or Loading Zones (Park Tucson, 520-791-5071)
Sun Link Streetcar (520-791-3333)
- Track Access Policy (PDF)
- Sun Link Special Event Permit Request (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information.)
- Special Event Liquor License (City of Tucson and State of Arizona, 520-791-4213)
- Extension of Premises (City of Tucson, 520-791-4213)
- Special Event Liquor License Planning Guide (PDF, State of Arizona, 602-542-5141)
- Arizona Revised Statutes 13-3729
- Federal Code of Regulations Title 14, Part 107
- FAA News Summary of Small Unmanned Aircraft Rule (Part 107) (PDF)
Planning and Development Services
- Off-Duty Police (Tucson Police Department, 520-791-4855)
- Emergency Operations Plan template (Download the Word document and "Save As" before entering information.)
- Business License and Tax Information (520-791-4566)
- Selling or Giving Away Food (Pima County Health Department Permitting and Inspections, 520-724-7770)
- Tucson Noise Ordinance
- Garbage and Recycling Services (City of Tucson Environmental Services, 520-791-3171)
- Festivals and Events Association of Tucson and Southern Arizona (FEATSAZ)
- Visit Tucson Community Events Calendar
520-791-4873, option 3