Candidate & Campaign Finance Information


The City Clerk's Office administers the City of Tucson Campaign Finance Program and is the filing officer for City of Tucson Nomination Papers and Campaign Finance Reports. In 2021, qualified electors of the City of Tucson will elect Council Members representing Ward 3, Ward 5, and Ward 6. For more information, please contact our office.


City Hall - 9th Floor
255 W. Alameda
Telephone: (520)791-4213
TDD: (520)791-2639

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 27210
Tucson, AZ 85726-7210


· Candidates and potential candidates must file a Candidate Statement of Interest form with the City Clerk’s Office not later than the date of the first nomination petition signature.

· Candidates who wish to participate in the City of Tucson Public Matching Funds program must sign a contract with the City Clerk’s Office within 30 days of becoming a candidate.


The Arizona Attorney General filed a Petition for Special Action in Case No. CV-20-0244-5A, challenging the City of Tucson Charter and Ordinance 11731.  The Special Action asserted that Ordinance 11731 calling the 2021 Primary and General Elections, was a possible violation of Arizona Revised Statutes § 16-204.01. 

The Arizona Supreme Court issued the ruling on April 14, 2021 in favor of the City of Tucson. The Tucson City Clerk’s Office will continue to proceed with preparations to hold elections in 2021. The Primary Election will be held on August 3, 2021 and the General Election on November 2, 2021.

2021 General Election Candidate Listing

2021 General Election Write-in Candidates


Information for Candidates Candidate Committees


Candidate Statement of Interest


Nomination Other than by Primary

Nomination Papers


Campaign Finance Reports Political Action Committees


Independent Expenditures Public Matching Funds Program
Campaign Finance Laws Annual Financial Disclosure Statements
Political Signs Blank Forms


City Employee Political Activities Archived Committees

For any inquiries, please contact our office by phone or email us. You may request the following by email, in person or pay online.