El Pueblo Center Testing
The City of Tucson and El Rio Health is offering free COVID-19 tests at the El Pueblo Center, 101 W. Irvington Road.
The testing takes place on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 7-10 a.m. and Thursdays from 5-8 p.m. To register for a test, call El Rio Health at (520) 670-3909 and schedule an appointment. A doctor’s order is not needed to get the test, but organizers do ask everyone to make an appointment. Follow on-site signage to the testing location.
Udall Center Testing
The free testing, administered by the Pima County Health Department and Paradigm Laboratories, is also available at the Udall Recreation Center, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Road by appointment only. To register for a testing appointment, go to www.pima.gov/covid19testing and click on the Schedule My Test link for Udall, or call 800-369-3584 to schedule an appointment. No walk-in tests will be conducted, people must have an appointment. The Testing Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m, Tuesday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Testing will continue at the Center until it is no longer needed to control the pandemic.
The free public testing centers are funded by the City of Tucson's federal CARES Act grant.
Info You Need To Know:
- You do not need a doctor’s order to get the test.
- This is a nasal swab test
- Individuals arriving for their test time should wait in their vehicle in the parking lot until their testing time, or outside the event center in the shade away from others if arriving by public transportation or ride sharing.
Your Test Results:
- Make sure you don’t miss the call with your results! Please answer your phone, including calls from unknown or numbers that have blocked caller ID.
- Due to privacy of health information, results will not be left on voicemail.
- Until then, if you have symptoms, you must stay home. Wear a face mask, wash your hands often, and practice physical distancing.