Who is this new section?
– Combined Police and Fire Special Operations
– Positioned under the auspices of the City Manager's Office and under the direction of the Police and Fire Chiefs
Why were we created?
– To oversee, coordinate and provide support resources and personnel during a major incident in the City, County, or State
– Identify and provide training appropriate to the roles employees will play when responding and participating in an incident
– Educate employees and implement the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) in the day to day operations of the City when an incident occurs.
– Administer Urban Area Security Initiative and Metropolitan Medical Response System jurisdictions and programs.