Brush & Bulky Collections Continuing as Scheduled. PLUS Activities are Suspended Until Further Notice.
Crews visit each of Tucson's 26 residential trash service areas twice each year to provide Brush and Bulky collection. This is your opportunity to clean your yard, garage, or storage shed and get rid of any debris. Materials are collected throughout your collection week so please have materials set out by 6 a.m. on Monday. Your collection will be completed by the end of that week.
- Find your service dates for trash, recycling, and brush & bulky collection. Please note: To set your own e-mail or text reminders, use Recycle Coach! It's easy and provides access to Trash & Recycling info at your fingertips. 2020 Printable Map (pdf)
- Brush & Bulky+ Fact Sheet
In 2019, the City of Tucson added services to its Brush & Bulky Collection Program to help make our City and neighborhoods cleaner, more attractive and safer. This expansion of the existing program is being done in collaboration with City of Tucson Transportation, Police and Fire in partnership with Tucson neighborhoods.
Brush & Bulky will continue collecting materials left at the curb and in alleys PLUS provide additional services when collections occur.
PLUS SERVICES INCLUDE:
- REMOVAL OF OVERGROWTH AND LITTER IN RIGHTS-OF-WAY AND WASHES
- CLEAN-UP OF ILLEGAL DUMPING
- GRAFFITI REMOVAL
- STREET SIGN REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENT
- POTHOLE REPAIR
- STREET SWEEPING
WHAT THE CITY WILL DO:
- Contact neighborhood associations within the pick-up area approximately one month ahead of the Brush & Bulky PLUS Collection to identify neighborhood clean-up priorities.
- Review the collection area to identify any rights-of-way that require clean up.
- Work with Tucson Police and Fire to identify areas that will minimize safety risks if clean-up is provided.
- Identify properties that are in violation of the Neighborhood Preservation Ordinance. Contact the property owners/residents by mail to remind them of the property maintenance requirements and that the upcoming Brush & Bulky PLUS collection can provide an opportunity to dispose of yard waste or debris.
COLLECTION AND CLEAN UP TIME (Please have materials set out by 6 a.m. on Monday of your collection week. Do not put materials out more than two weeks ahead of your scheduled collection.)
Brush & Bulky will collect:
- Brush, tree trunks, branches and other green waste (up to 5 feet long and 24 inches in diameter)
- Lumber (up to 5 feet long and stacked in a separate pile)
- PVC and metal pipes (up to 5 feet long)
- Railroad ties (limit 5)
- Furniture, carpet, and doors
- Lawn mowers with fuel tank and crank case removed
- Scrap metal (bicycles, swing sets, etc., broken into 5 foot lengths)
- Cacti (must be contained in a box - up to 25 lbs.)
- Appliances (remove freezer/refrigerator doors)
- Car tires (limit of five automobile tires. Tires must be separated from pile. A separate truck will pick them up within the week.)
- Metal drums (empty and cut in half)
Brush and Bulky will NOT collect:
- Any excess over the 10 cubic-yard limit (1 cubic-yard roughly the size of a washing machine)
- Any items other than those listed above, such as
- Construction debris (such as asphalt, roofing material, drywall, etc.)
- Hazardous waste like paint/oil/pesticides/solvents/liquids (take to household hazardous waste)
- Compressed gas/air cylinder(s)
- Vehicle parts
- Commercially generated material
One Call Hauls it All! Brush & Bulky Anytime
A special trash collection can be ordered any time by calling Customer Service at 520-791-3171 or submit an online Service Request. Consider ordering a special pickup if you have a large quantity of bulky refuse that you are unable to take to the landfill and your Brush and Bulky service is not scheduled soon.
Fees for Special Collections are:
$55 for a special brush & bulky collection.
- $25 for each additional 15 minutes of collection time and $5 for each additional cubic yard.
If you have trash collection at the curb, place special pickup items on the curb.
If your trash service is in the alley, place items at the back of your property. Please set items at least five feet from any obstacle.