Environmental & General Services (EGSD) provides the following services to businesses and other commercial locations within the City of Tucson:
- Frontload Trash Service: the most frequently requested service. Frontload trash containers are available in sizes ranging from 3 to 8 cubic yards with collection service available up to six days a week.
- Frontload Compactor Service: a good solution for many apartment communities and other businesses. Compactor service is available with stationary 2, 4, 6, or 8-yard frontload containers.
- Roll-off Compactor Service: a good solution for many apartment communities and other businesses with high volume of trash and recycling. Roll-off compactor service is available with 20- to 40-yard roll-off containers.
- Recycling Collection Service: service is available in 3, 4, 6, or 8-yard containers. EGSD offers recycling service at a reduced cost to our garbage collection customers. By adding recycling to their services, EGSD customers can often see a savings in their waste disposal collection costs. Commingled recycling is available for a large variety of materials.
- Scheduled and Temporary Open-Top Container Roll-Off Services: can be requested for a regularly scheduled collection or for temporary service for clean-ups and construction needs. (Container Information & Guidelines)
- Automated Plastic Container (APC): available for small businesses with weekly collection from either 90-gallon or 300-gallon containers.
- Special Event Rental and Collection: a Service Representative will be happy to discuss the garbage and recycling needs for your event.
Recycling for Businesses
In most businesses, more than 50% of what is thrown out can be recycled. Your businesses might benefit by recycling because recycling collection rates are lower than trash collection service, and may reduce your business' needs for trash service. It also benefits the environment and helps our community meet its goals of reduced landfill consumption and keeping Tucson clean and beautiful. If you're not sure if recycling will work for your business, let us help you.
Recycling is easy! All recyclable materials go in one container — no sorting needed.
Contaminated loads will be charged at garbage collection rates.
Apartment Recycling: Getting Started
The City offers information to apartment managers who would like to educate their residents about the options available for their use in Tucson. Environmental and General Services staff is also available to present recycling information to tenant groups or to work directly with apartment managers to evaluate their recycling options. Call Customer Service at 520-791-3171 for more information.
Please don't hesitate to call 520-791-3171 for Customer Service or to request a visit by a sales representative.