There are currently 12 Neighborhood Recycling Centers located throughout Tucson. You can drop-off any materials accepted in the Blue Barrel Recycling Program to the site nearest you!
However, in late June, the City of Tucson Environmental and General Services Department will begin relocation and closure of several Neighborhood Recycling Centers (NRC) located throughout the City. The department will continue to support the continuation of drop-off recycling options consisting of one NRC site in each of the six City Wards. More information can be found below.
The following NRC’s will be closing at the end of June:
- Joaquin Murrieta Park, northwest corner of Club View Dr. & El Rio Dr.
- Morris K. Udall Park, Tanque Verde Rd., 1/4 mile east of Sabino Canyon Rd.
- Miller-Golf Links Library, 9640 E. Golf Links Rd.
- Golf Links Sports Park, northwest corner of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
- Kennedy Park, northwest of the library, west of Mission Rd., north of Ajo Way
- Booth-Fickett Magnet School, 7240 E. Calle Arturo, east of Kolb Rd.
- Jacobs Park, on Fairview Ave., south of Prince Rd.
- Himmel Park, north parking lot, on 1st St. east of Tucson Blvd.
The following NRC’s will remain open at the end of June:
- Mansfield Park, on 4th Ave., one block south of Grant Rd.
- Ward 5 Council Office, 4300 S. Park Ave.
- Patrick K. Hardesty Center, northwest corner of Alvernon Way & 22nd St.
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., southeast corner of Los Reales Rd. & Swan Rd.
New NRC Locations will open at the beginning of July:
- Fire Station 15, 2002 S. Mission Rd.
- Eastside City Hall, 7575 E. Speedway
- Ward 4 Office, 8123 E. Poinciana Dr.