Not sure if it can go in your Blue Barrel? Use the Recycle Coach app to find the best place for all your unwanted stuff!
Every Other Week Recycling
The City collects your residential recycling every other week. Your pick-up day will fall either on A Week or B Week. Download your 2023 calendar here.
Place empty, clean, and dry recyclable items in your blue bin and set out on the same day as your garbage pick-up. Have barrel at curb by 6 a.m. to ensure service and only set out when it is more than half full to help decrease fuel consumption and air pollution.
Some things to remember:
- No plastic grocery bags or film (find out why).
- No glass (instead take glass bottles and jars to glass drop-off site).
- No garbage or food waste. Food containers can be lightly rinsed to recycle, but just throw it out if it's very dirty!
- Leave labels on containers.
- Bottle and jar caps and lids should be left on the container.
- All recyclables go loose into the blue barrel, together - - no sorting! Please put them in individually, not inside a box or bag.
- Do not flatten cans and bottles to ensure sorting equipment works properly
- Cut or flatten corrugated cardboard boxes to fit in container. Remove plastic wrapping and liners
Thanks for saving resources, energy and landfill space by Doing More Blue!
What's my schedule?
To help you out, our service maps have been developed to easily identify service boundaries. Properties north of a major roadway will be serviced during "A" service weeks and properties south of the identifying roadway will be serviced during "B" service weeks.
Neighborhood Recycling Centers
If you don't have your own recycling container, you can drop off recyclables at one of our Neighborhood Recycling Centers. These centers provide an additional option for times you may generate more recyclables than normal. These are also open to those residents who live in multi-family apartment or townhome communities that do not have regular recycling collections.