What is Fraud?
- Failure to report all income or assets of all household members
- Knowingly under-reporting income or assets of all household members
- Using false identity or Social Security Numbers
- Using false documents such as birth certificates, marriage licenses, or deeds
- Giving an incorrect number of family members in the household
- Obtaining duplicate assistance or subletting all or part of the unit
- Renting from a family member
- Participating in drug activity or violent criminal activity
- Charging additional rent or side payments
- Renting to a family member
- Living in the Subsidized units
Offenders may face prison terms, probation, mandatory restitution and termination from housing assistance.