APPLY NOW AT THE LINK BELOW!
(HUD Income Limits apply - click here to view)
HUD’s funding of the City of Tucson Housing and Community Development Department’s application for the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Program will target and serve low to very-low income families with children under six years of age— residing or frequenting owner occupied or rental housing built prior to 1978. Over a three-year period, the City and its partners will use $2,9000,000 of HUD funding to directly assist an estimated 180 vulnerable households.
Our goals and objectives are nine fold:
- We will eliminate and/or control all identified lead hazards in 180 housing units for low to very-low income families with children under six years of age.
- We will conduct recruitment and training of minority and low-income lead contractors and worker.
- We will conduct outreach programs in the training faith-based and grass-roots organizations.
- We will provide opportunities to participants in the training programs.
- We will also implement programs that will effectively increase the number of children screened for lead poisoning by working closely with the Health Department and other working partners.
- We will implement a primary prevention program which identifies children under six years of age with elevated blood levels, but are not yet lead poisoned.
- We will develop a Preventative Maintenance Program for continued lead-safe units.
- We will develop a fair housing initiative by conducting workshops and training seminars to housing providers—both public and private, civic and community-based organizations, as well as City and County officials.
- Finally, we will provide lead training and awareness in the City of Tucson and on a Regional basis involving Pima County.
- Lead Paint Disclosure Rule
- Our Partners
- Lead Based Paint Program Fact Sheet
- Pintura a Base de Plomo Hoja Informativa del Programa
- Lead Paint Safety
- Immunization Schedule
- Runs Better Unleaded
- How to Check for Lead Hazards in your Home
- Reduccion de los Riesgos de Contamination por Plomo su Casa
- Are Your Tenants at Risk?
- Arizona Dept of Health Services
- Lead Safe Registry