In order to ensure that the use of public dollars brings results and accountability, the Department participates in several essential planning processes. It produces the Consolidated Plan, a major five-year document that includes the goals and strategies for housing and community development programs throughout Pima County. In addition the the Public Housing Authority (PHA) creates plans that address the ongoing operations and funding for Section 8 and Public Housing, including procedures. These plans are drafted yearly and approved by the PHA's Board of Commissioners and HUD. Link to a glossary of HUD terminology
Public Housing Authority Plans
The PHA Plan is a comprehensive guide to public housing agency (PHA) policies, programs, operations, and strategies for meeting local housing needs and goals. There are two parts to the PHA Plan: the 5-Year Plan, which each PHA submits to HUD once every 5th PHA fiscal year, and the Annual Plan, which is submitted to HUD every year. In order to comply with HUD regulations, PHA's are required to include a statement of capital improvements.
- 5 Year Capital Improvement Plan
- 2011 Capital Fund 50075
- 2012 Capital Fund 50075
- July 2015 Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) Public Housing policies and procedures.
- July 2015 Administrative Plan Section 8, Housing Choice Voucher Program, policies and procedures.
- 2012 Agency Plan
- Section 3 Plan
- Annual Plan Draft FY16
- Capital Fund Program Draft
- Summary of Changes - Project Based Vouchers
- Summary of Changes - Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy- Public Housing
- Summary of Changes - Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program Action Plan
- Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program Addendum
Community Development Plans & Reports
The Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 established a Consolidated Planning effort that requires a community-wide inventory, needs analysis and prioritization of low-income housing and community development issues related to federal entitlement funding. This information is incorporated into a 5-year plan, and updated annually with an investment strategy called the Annual Action Plan. Progress made toward meeting overall goals and specified outcomes is documented in the end of year report called the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER).
Special Populations and Targeted Needs Plans and Reports
In accordance with Housing and Urban Development Department, the following documents are available for public review:
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program - NSP3 Action Plan
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Plan to End Homelessness
- Continuum of Care
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Human Services Plan
Fair Housing Plan Report