Update on the Section 8 Waiting Lists
Public Notice of the CLOSURE of the Section 8 and Moderate Rehab waiting lists.
English instructions for using the waiting lists web site.
Section 8 Waiting Lists
- Moderate Rehab - These units are owned by private owners. The moderate rehabilitation program provides project-based rental assistance for low income families. Eligible families are referred from our waiting list to owner. Owners select families for occupancy of a particular unit after screening each family. The family pays 30% of its adjusted income towards the rent.
- Bel Air Apartments, 435 E 18th: Studio, one and two bedroom units
- Coronado Apartments, 402 E 9th St: SRO units restricted to single person households
- Flores Apartments, 113 E Flores: Two bedroom units, restricted to applicants referred by La Frontera
- Miracle Square Apartments, 2601 N Oracle Rd: Studio units, restricted to elderly and/or disabled applicants referred by Miracle Square Apartments
- Section 8 - This is a federal housing assistance program for low-income individuals. Qualified low-income tenants pay approximately 30% of their income to private landlords and the federal government pays the difference between the tenant's rent and the market rate for the rented unit. Landlords and applicant selected units must meet Section 8 contract specifications.