HHW EVENT SWITCHING LOCATIONS
The City of Tucson's Environmental and General Services Department (EGSD) hosts Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection events on the second Saturday of every month. The next one, Saturday, May 8, will be moving locations. Instead of happening at The Thomas O. Price Service Center, it will now be at the Tucson Rodeo Grounds. The event is still taking place from 8 a.m. to noon.
Residents can drop off HHW, electronic waste (E-waste), paper documents for shredding (limit 3 boxes), and glass bottles and jars at no charge.
Here is the rest of the schedule for 2021:
· May 8 – Tucson Rodeo Grounds – 4823 S 6th Avenue (enter on 3rd Avenue)
· June 12 – Hi Corbett – 700 S Randolph Way
· July 10 – Eastside Service Center 7575 E Speedway Boulevard.
· Aug. 14 – Pima West Campus – 2202 W Anklam Road
· Sep. 11 – Pima East Campus – 8181 E Irvington Road
· Oct. 9 – Pima Downtown Campus – 1255 N Stone Avenue
· Nov. 13 – Tucson Rodeo Grounds – 4823 S 6th Avenue (enter on 3rd Avenue)
· Dec. 11 – Hi Corbett – 700 S Randolph Way
Print the schedule here.
City residents can also drop off HHW at the Los Reales Landfill at 5300 E. Los Reales Road -- on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Address verification is required to be eligible to drop off materials. It is free for City of Tucson residents to drop off materials. Residents from Marana, Oro Valley, Sahuarita, and unincorporated Pima County will be charged a $10 fee to drop off materials.
HHW home pick-up is suspended due to COVID-19.
Please check the list of what the HHW program accepts before dropping items off. Medical waste, such as sharps, syringes, or old medications is not allowed. Do not bring business or commercial waste, commercial gas cylinders, explosives or ammunition, infectious and radioactive waste, dried paint or CRT monitors.
For more information on the HHW program, visit the main webpage.