Congratulations from Employee Insurance Benefits!
- You may enroll your qualifying newborn in medical and/or life insurance.
- Dental and vision can be added during open enrollment.
You have 60 days from the date of birth to complete the following action items:
- Enroll your newborn into the City of Tucson benefits enrollment system, AND
- The City's Benefits Office must receive a copy of the official government-issued birth certificate
STEP 1: REGISTER YOUR REQUEST ONLINE
- Log in to the City's enrollment system
- Follow the login instructions in the blue box on the login screen
- Be mindful that different screens require that you enter birth dates in different formats – each screen will indicate whether or not slashes are required
- Select “life events”, then “birth/adoption”
- Follow the prompts to add your newborn’s information and select his/her medical and City-paid dependent life insurance coverage
- CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLMENT to save your request; your request will be received only if you confirm your enrollment
- You should see a “THANK YOU” screen at the end of the enrollment process
- Print and retain a copy of your Confirmation Statement for your records
STEP 2: SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
In addition to receiving your online request, the Benefits Office must also receive a copy of the official birth certificate from Vital Records within 60 days from the date of birth. (Date of birth counts as day "1".)
- Fax the birth certificate to 520-791-5942 or upload securely to the enrollment system
- If you haven't received the birth certificate within 30 days after the date of birth, we recommend that you contact Vital Records to make sure you don't miss the documentation deadline
- To pick up a birth certificate in person, take the hospital birth record to:
3950 S. Country Club Road, Suite 100 (1st Floor)
Tucson, Arizona 85714, 1st Floor
(located on the corner of Ajo Way & Country Club Road - right beside Banner South Hospital)
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE MY CHILD’S SSN?
No problem! You may enroll a newborn without a SSN. However, remember to call us at 520-791-4597 within 90 days to provide your child’s SSN.
I ALEADY RECEIVED AN ID CARD FROM THE INSURANCE CARRIER. DO I STILL NEED TO DO THIS?
Yes! The coverage is only temporary and will be canceled after 60 days unless you complete the required steps outlined above.
DEPENDENTS ARE SUBJECT TO AUDIT
The City contracts with an outside audit firm to conduct eligibility verification audits. Generally, audits occur after the spring open enrollment, but they may occur at any time. If an individual isn't properly verified through the audit process, the individual will be removed from insurance, and you may be responsible for any claims paid. Please watch your home mail carefully to ensure that you don't miss deadlines.
NEW PAID PARENTAL LEAVE (PPL)
Qualifying employees may be eligible to receive up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave within the first 12 weeks after their qualifying child's birth or adoption. For full details, visit the Paid Parental Leave AD. Questions regarding PPL? Contact Employee Leaves at 520-791-2619.
- Visit our Medical page for Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs). You are also able to obtain hard copies of SBCs free of charge by requesting them from the Benefits Office (520-791-4597).