Improves Technology Project Efficiencies
As part of the Information Technology Department's strategic service delivery model to enhance City department and business outcomes, a business (project) improvement process was developed to assist departments in acquiring technology that really delivers on business goals, improves efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and generates value to all stakeholders.
This process encompasses transparency, accountability, innovation, civic engagement, citizen orientation and sustainability. These tenets, accompanied by City administration ownership, strong program governance, and internal and external stakeholder involvement, help assure project success, increase stakeholder ownership and place the City in the forefront of innovation.
The benefits of this project approach are:
- Successful project outcomes through collaboration and partnering;
- Providing City leadership with greater visibility into project plans and priorities;
- Cost transparency for project investments;
- Higher quality IT service delivery through more complete understanding of customer business needs as they relate to technology;
- Elimination of duplication and redundant technology and solutions based on a City-wide projects perspective;
- Aligning project decisions and priorities with business outcomes; and,
- Increasing business satisfaction with IT services.
The ITD strives to be a trusted business partner to City departments and the Tucson community by providing value added services, vision, leadership and skills in all areas of information technology.