**Non-Residential Semester Permits Renewals will take place, December 17-28, 2018. Starting January 2, 2018 available permits will be open to the public for purchasing.
Looking for a place to park near the University of Arizona? Downtown? Fourth Avenue Area? A Non-Resident Parking Permit from Park Tucson can reserve a space for you close to where you work or go to school.
- Permit Program hours are enforced 24-hours/7 days a week unless otherwise noted. All or a portion of those permit zones noted with "*" are enforced Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Permits are sold both on an annual or a semester basis. The term of the annual permit is August 1st to July 31st. Terms of semester permits run August 1st to December 31st and/or January 1st to June 30th.
- Permits for new customers are not available until August 1st.
- The Parking Permit Zone Map is available online: Parking Permit Zone Map.
After the map loads, please follow these instructions:
- Zoom into a selected parking zone.
- Turn on the Parking Space layer.
Red Polygons = sold spaces
Green Polygons = available spaces
- Choose an available location and indicate this information on your application. Be sure to include cross streets (i.e. Mabel between Santa Rita and Mountain).
- Select an alternative available location and indicate that on the application in the event your desired space is not available.
Program policy details, application and instructions are available online in PDF format:
- Park Tucson Program Policies: Non-Residential Permit Non-Resident Permit Information
- Park Tucson Program Application: New and Renewal Non-Residential Non-Resident Permit Application
Annual Permit Costs
Non-Resident Parking Permits Permits are available in areas surrounding the University of Arizona, Downtown and 4th Avenue. The streets are clearly marked with Non-Resident Permit signage.
University of Arizona Area:
- Annual Permits Semester Permits (August to December or January to June)
- Zone A: $475.00 Zone A: $261.25
- Zone B: $375.00 Zone B: $206.25
- Zone C: $325.00 Zone C: $178.75
- Zone D: $300.00 Zone D: $165.00
- Zone E: $275.00* Zone E: $151.25
- Zone F: $275.00** Zone F: Not Applicable
- Zone G: $225.00 Zone G: $123.75
- Zone H: $175.00 Zone H: $ 96.25
- Zone I: $150.00 Zone I: $ 82.50
- Zone J: $125.00 Zone J: $ 68.75
- Zone K: $100.00* Zone K: $ 55.00
- Zone L: $ 75.00* Zone L: $ 41.25
- *Enforced Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM
- **Requires copy of lease from Campus Walk apartments
Downtown/4th Avenue Area:
- Zone X: (Downtown core) — $300.00
- Zone Y: (Downtown periphery) — $275.00
- Zone Z: (4th Avenue Area) --- $250.00
Hanging Tags: Permits can be placed on hanging tags for an additional $100 per year in case more than one vehicle is in the program.
Permit Purchase Policy
Application for permits may be obtained in the Park Tucson office located at 110 E. Pennington Street, Suite 150. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 7:45am to 5:15 pm. You may also call the Park Tucson office at (520) 791-5071 and request an application be mailed to you.
A valid driver's license and a copy of the vehicle registration are required when applying for this permit. If mailing in the application, please include a copy of your license and registration. Also, a copy of your lease with Campus Walk is required for Zone J permits.
Payment Policy: Permits are paid in full by cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards. Checks should be made payable to the CITY OF TUCSON. Returned checks will be charged an additional $28 fee, and failure to cover a returned check within 15 working days will result in permit revocation.
Permit Renewal Policy: Continuing customers can renew their non-resident parking permit beginning July 15th of each year in order to secure their preferred space. If no selection is made, all spaces go on sale to the general public in August. If you decide to move to a different location, you will have to wait until August 1st to make the change.
Permit Replacement Policy
Sold or Traded Vehicles: The registrant must remove permit prior to selling or trading-in a vehicle. The permit must be presented to Park Tucson to receive a free replacement permit.
Lost/Stolen Permits: A police report is required for a free permit replacement.
Windshield or Rear Window Replacements: Permits will be replaced free of charge provided satisfactory proof is presented that the windshield bearing the permit has been replaced.
If the conditions above are not met, a replacement fee of $50 will be charged for a replacement permit.
For vehicles out of service due to accident or long duration repair, and with proper documentation, a temporary permit may be issued for an alternate vehicle. Please call the Park Tucson office at (520) 791-5071 for more information.
Permit Holder Regulations
All Park Tucson permits are vehicle specific and cannot be transferred, sublet, or sold. All vehicles utilizing a hanging permit must be registered with Park Tucson at time of permit purchase. Displaying a hanging tag permit on a vehicle that is not registered with Park Tucson may result in a citation.
All Park Tucson permits are block face specific. Permits are not valid in any location other than that for which it is purchased. Should the permit holder find their parking full, please contact Park Tucson immediately so that enforcement can cite non-permitted cars and so that alternative parking can be provided.
Park Tucson permits do no exempt the permit holder from any other City of Tucson parking regulation.
Permits sold in the 4th Avenue Area (Stone to Euclid and Speedway to 10th/Stevens St) are suspended two times a year for the 4th Avenue Street Fair.
Non-hanging parking permits must be permanently affixed to the rear windshield, lower left-hand (driver's side) corner, or a citation will be issued. Convertibles and trucks with camper shells may affix permits to lower left-hand corner (driver's side) of front windshield. Park Tucson permits may be revoked without refund for the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with the above regulations.
- If permit holder has three or more unpaid parking citations.
- If permit holder receives three or more parking citations for parking in an unauthorized permit program location in a calendar year.
- If vehicle registration is not current.
- For providing false information on permit application.
Permit Refund Policy
Refund will only be made if the following criteria are met:
- Withdrawal from the University of Arizona.
- Student: A University of Arizona Withdrawal Form from the Dean of Students is required.
- Employee: Documentation from the Human Resources Department of seperation or retirement is required.
- Medical Disability: A doctor’s excuse stating that you are unable to utilize the space is required.
Permits will be refunded on a prorated basis. A $50 processing fee will be deducted from the refund. Permits must be returned to Park Tucson. No refunds will be issued after January 31st.
Street Construction & Repair in Permit Areas
On occasion, it may be necessary to suspend the permit program to accommodate construction needs. For scheduled work, Park Tucson will notify permit holders of alternate parking areas. However, emergency street/utility repairs may occasionally occur. If possible, permit holders should first attempt to park in their designated area. However, at no time should permit holders park in conflict with barricades or signs posted for construction. Vehicles parked in violation of these signs will be subject to citation. Please call the Park Tucson office at (520) 791-5071 for additional information.
PERMIT CANCELLATION WITHOUT A REFUND
Park Tucson permits may be revoked without refund for the following reasons:
- Permit is sold to someone else and used on another vehicle
- Vehicle registration is not current
- Permit holder receives 3 or more parking citations for parking in an unauthorized permit program location in a calendar year
- A vehicle with 3 or more outstanding citations may result in the permit being voided and/or removed from the vehicle. Permits are the property of Park Tucson and may be removed by Park Tucson staff.
Parking Enforcement Agents will routinely patrol permitted areas. Parking in violation of City or State codes will result in citation. Please be sure you are familiar with all local parking regulations. For additional information please call the Park Tucson office at (520) 791-5071.
The City of Tucson and Park Tucson assume no responsibility or liability for the care and protection of any vehicle or its contents anytime the vehicle is parked on City of Tucson streets or within any Park Tucson facility.