2160 N. 6th Avenue • Tucson AZ 85705
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
for Senior activities (news release).
Center Supervisor: Beth Lucas - TPRD-DonnaLiggins@tucsonaz.gov
The Donna R. Liggins Center is located in Mansfield Park.
|Center Passes||External Agencies' Services|
|Senior Activity Card||Donna R. Liggins|
|Classrooms||Covered basketball court|
|Game room||Sand volleyball|
|Multi-purpose room||Softball field|
|Teen room||Swimming pool|
|*Public WiFi Available|
- Universal and Restricted Passes available for purchase at any recreation center
- A Discount Program is available for passes
- All participants must take a certification class prior to using weight equipment. Dates/times vary by center
- Ages 7 and older (unless accompanied by a parent or adult)
- Includes gym, game room and public computers
- Daily fee or center use pass fees apply
- Participants must complete an orientation class before using fitness room equipment
- Participants ages 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult when taking an orientation class
- Participants ages 14 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult who has completed an orientation class
- Orientation classes offered Tuesday and Thursday, 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.
- Ages 50 and older
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Required to participate in senior programs, services, and activities
- Includes activities, field trips, special events, and access to the weight room, gym, and track
- See the Senior Programs page for more information
- Activities include bingo, cards, bunco, guest speakers, crafts, exercise, field trips, cooking, special events and more.
Senior Meal Program
- Monday-Friday at noon
- Social activities and nutritious meals for people 60 and older.
- $2 suggested donation
- $8 for guests not eligible for the program.
- Pre-registration is required. Call the center for more information or to register.
- Pickleball - December 24th and 31st, 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Pickleball - Tuesday and Thursday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
NAACP - 520-622-8277
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Federally funded program for low-income children and families to promote health and education.
For information contact Headstart at 520-884-8180
Donna Liggins has been a resident of the Northwest/Mansfield neighborhood since 1965 and had been a City employee since 1968. She worked at most of the City's recreation centers but worked at this facility, which was then called the Northwest Neighborhood Center, as the center Supervisor since 1993. Mrs. Liggins has served Tucson for many years through numerous organizations including the Martin Luther King Celebration Committee, the Black Women's Task Force, the Annual NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner, and the Juneteenth Committee. Mrs. Liggins believes in the intrinsic value of spirituality, family, neighborhood, and community and remains a proactive and committed member of her community.