Activity Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd., Bldg. 9 • Tucson AZ 85714
Senior Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd., Bldg. 13 • Tucson AZ 85714
Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Terry Nierzwicki - TPRD-ElPueblo@tucsonaz.gov
|Amenities||Weight Room||El Pueblo Senior Center|
|Center Passes||Open Recreation||El Pueblo Pool|
|External Agencies' Services|
|Aerobic room||Horseshoe pits|
|Conference room||Neighborhood center patio (*no outdoor restrooms)|
|Gym (basketball, volleyball)||Playground|
|Locker rooms||Ramadas (2)|
|Lobby game room||Sand volleyball courts|
|Meeting rooms||Swimming pool|
- Universal and Restricted Passes available for purchase at any recreation center
- A Discount Program is available for passes
- All participants must take a certification class prior to using weight equipment. Dates/times vary by center
- Participants must complete an orientation class before using fitness room equipment
- Participants ages 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult when taking an orientation class
- Participants ages 14 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult who has completed an orientation class
- Orientation classes offered Tuesday, 12:30 p.m.; Thursday, 6:30 p.m.; Saturday, 2 p.m.
- Weight Room Orientation Video - A release form must be completed at the recreation center acknowledging that you have watched the video.
- Ages 7 and older (unless accompanied by a parent or adult)
- Includes gym and game room
- Daily fee or center use pass fees apply
Senior facility includes:
Senior Activity Card
- Ages 50 and older
- El Pueblo Activity Center access Wednesday and Friday 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Required to participate in senior programs, services, and activities
- Includes activities, field trips, special events, and more
- See the Senior Programs page for more information
- Activities include crafts, field trips, game room, line dancing, loteria, monthly potlucks, and speakers.
Senior Meal Program
- Monday-Friday at Noon (El Pueblo Neighborhood Center)
- Social activities and nutritious meals for people 60 and older.
- $2 suggested donation
- $8 for guests not eligible for the program.
- Pre-registration is required. Call the center at selected sites for more information or to register.
Enhance Fitness (Returning this spring)
A low to moderate level exercise class taught by a certified fitness instructor. Includes a 20 minute no/low-impact aerobic segment, stretches, and structured strength training exercises using weights. Fitness assessments done at 4-month intervals.
What: 1 hour, 3 times per week
Days: Monday, Wednsday, Friday
Times: 9-10 a.m. Level 1, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Level 2
Cost: $20/month or $50/quarter
For more info, call the PCOA Health
Monday and Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-10 a.m.
Tuesday and Thursdays from 6-7 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday 1:15-2:15 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday 12-1 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 10-11 a.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 12:15-1:15 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday 9-10 a.m.
Office of Congressman Raúl M. Grijalva
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-5p.m.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Interfaith Community Services
Monday- Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
El Rio Community Health Center
Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
El Pueblo Library
Monday-Tuesday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Wednesday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Clinica Amistad - Free Clinic
The Richard Ortiz Barker Regional Complex houses the El PuebloActivity Center, Senior Center, Neighborhood Center, and the El Pueblo Pool. Richard Barker worked for the City of Tucson Parks and Recreation Department for approximately 39 years. During his tenure, Mr. Barker worked to improve the quality of life for the neighborhood and community within southwest Tucson. His accomplishments include working with neighborhood residents, numerous community agencies, City departments, and local officials to expand the El Pueblo Neighborhood Center from its original 5 buildings to the larger complex it is today.