1390 W. Speedway Boulevard • Tucson AZ 85745
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Donna Trujillo - TPRD-ElRio@tucsonaz.gov
The El Rio Center is located in El Rio Park.
|Center Use Rates||Amenities||Youth Programs|
|External Agencies' Services||Adult Programs||Senior Programs|
Free Health Fair, Saturday, March 3
The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy and Tucson Parks and Recreation will hosts their annual Health Fair at El Rio Neighborhood Center on Saturday, March 3, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This fair will focus on providing free health services and health information to members of the Tucson community by offering screenings for osteoporosis, diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, breathing, vision, and medication reviews. Activities will include face painting, a hand sanitizer activity, and a raffle. This event is free and open to the public. Spanish translators will be available.
- What: Health Fair
- When: Saturday, March 3, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: El Rio Neighborhood Center, 1390 W. Speedway Boulevard
- Sponsors: The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy and Tucson Parks and Recreation
- Event Page: www.facebook.com/elriohealthfair
- Contact: Paul Ponce, Recreation Coordinator, Paul.Ponce@tucsonaz.gov or 520-791-4683
- Flyer in English and Spanish
|Arts and crafts room||Covered basketball court|
|Conference room||Outdoor stage area|
|Kitchen||Splash pad (seasonal)|
Weight Room Orientation Classes
- Monday, 12:30 p.m.; Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. (Sign-up begins 15 minutes in advance; space is limited.)
- Parent/Guardian approval is required for all participants ages 14-17
- Participants ages 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent/designated adult when taking an Orientation class.
- Participants ages 14 and 15 must be accompanied by a designated adult, who has completed an Orientation class, at all times while using Fitness Room equipment
KIDCO program (Ages 5-11)
El Rio has school year KIDCO and summer KIDCO. For more information about the KIDCO program call 520-791-5909. Registration is through Registration Services at 520-791-4877. Fees vary based on time of the year.
Monday and Wednesday, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 6:00 - 7:45 p.m.
Thursday, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday, 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.
Zumba - class offered through El Rio Health Center
Tuesday and Thursday, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:45 p.m.
*Center's daily use cost applies
For ages 50+. Mondays and Thursdays, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Senior Activity Card membership required ($25 City resident, $30 Non-City resident).
Activities for seniors ages 50+ include bingo, cards, bunco, guest speakers, crafts, exercise, field trips, cooking, special events, and more. Seniors have access to the weight room and gym on designated Club days at no additional cost.
We offer a meal program for seniors ages 60+ that is grant funded through pima council on aging. Meals are provided with the completion of free registration. Meal fees are donation only with a recommendation of $2.00.
Enhance Fitness is a class offered through Pima Council on Aging at the El Rio Center. This program offers four key components of fitness: strength training, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, and balance training critical to reducing the risk of falls. This class is taught by a certified instructor and accommodates all levels of fitness. Expect regular fitness checks along with a healthy dose of fun and socializing.
Monday, Wedneday, and Friday, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Note: Additional fees apply through Pima Council on Aging.
We pick-up and drop-off seniors that live in the area. Join us for a day of fun, activities, food and the freedom from staying at home. Please call Diane at 520-837-8210 for more information about this great program.
- Nutrition Class
- Guest Speakers
- Food Plus program Tasty Tidbits (cooking) - Monday, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Bingo - Friday, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Crafts - Wednesday, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Memory Game (improve your memory skills) - Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.
- Games - Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
- Health and blood pressure - 1st and 3rd Wednesday each month
- Field trips - dates/times vary
El Rio Branch Library – 520-594-5245
Monday and Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pima College – Adult Education – 520-206-3800
Monday - Friday, times vary
- G.E.D. for Adults – Year-Round
- Citizenship Class
PCOA Senior Advocacy
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Refugee Resource Center – 520-622-1695
Senior Health Check – 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the Month, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Nosotros Day Care – 520-623-5912