1000 S. Randolph Way • Tucson AZ 85716
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Beth Lucas - TPRD-Therapeutics@tucsonaz.gov
The Therapeutic Recreation Center is located in Gene C. Reid Park.
Our mission is to provide programs that develop and enhance lifelong recreational pursuits for people with disabilities through adaptive, aquatic and inclusive recreation opportunities.
|Inclusion Services||Youth Programs||Teen and Adult Programs|
Therapeutic Recreation is offering 9 virtual programs on Zoom for teens and adults with disabilities. Programs include yoga, fitness, American Sign Language and social clubs.
|Arts and crafts room||Enclosed backyard|
Recreation Inclusion provides opportunities for youth and adults, with and without special needs or disabilities to experience recreation and leisure time together.
If you have any inquiries regarding inclusion services, email Beth Lucas at email@example.com
As in all programs offered by Parks and Recreation, the expectation of every participant is to follow the basic rules of conduct.
A participant may be excluded from a program if their presence poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, or requires a fundamental alteration of the program.
Monthly Social Dance
First Saturday of each month from 6 - 8 pm (There will be no social dance in July)
Armory Center, 220 S. Fifth Ave.
Register at the door
Admission: $1 and a current ID required - 16+
Dances are co-sponsored by Old Pueblo Civitan
To register, please call 791-4504
- Young Athletes Program for kids with developmental disabilities ages 2 1/2 to 7 years, Playgroup to prepare children for participation in Special Olympics Sports. Wednesday afternoons at T.R.C.
- Juniors Active in Wheelchair Sports (JAWS) for kids ages 6-16, Saturdays 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Donna R. Liggins Center (2160 N. 6th Ave).
- TGIF League Competitive Bowling for ages 16+, Friday afternoons at Lucky Strike Lanes.
- Recreational Bowling for ages 14+, all disabilities, Monday afternoons at Lucky Strike Lanes.
- Central Social Club for ages 22+ with developmental disabilities, Thursday evenings at T.R.C.
- Adult Wheelchair Basketball, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 5:30-8:00 p.m., at Donna R. Liggins Center (2160 N. 6th Ave).
- Special Olympics Basketball and Track and Field for ages 8+
- Multiple Sclerosis Social Group for all ages.
- Open Recreation for ages 14+, Monday evenings. Fee: $1.
- T'ai Chi for Individuals with Physical Disabilities, Meets every Tuesday & Thursday from 10-11 a.m. at T.R.C.
- Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, 1st Tuesday afternoon of each month at T.R.C.