Jesse Owens Park located at 400 S. Sarnoff Dr. has been closed and will reopen Spring 2018.
The scope of the project includes:
- Construction of a new soccer field with an energy-conserving LED Sports Lighting system
- Construction of a new parking lot, expansion of an existing parking lot, re-paving and re-striping of all park roadways and parking spaces
- Elimination of turf in high-trafficked areas, for a net reduction of turf in the park to reduce irrigation water usage.
- Resurfacing of all baseball and softball infields and addition of warning tracks to all ball fields.
- Demolition and replacement of all turf irrigation systems in the park, addition of new drip irrigation systems to all trees
- Installation of a weather station to monitor atmospheric conditions and adjust irrigation times accordingly for more efficient water usage
- Installation of Shade Structures over Main Playground, Baseball Field 9 bleachers, and Softball Field 8 bleachers.