Center Hours: Monday-Friday, 1:00 -6:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Dawnee Moreno - TPRD-MartyBirdman@tucsonaz.gov
The Marty Birdman Center is located in Balboa Heights Park.
|Amenities||Youth Programs||Adult and Senior Programs|
|Foosball tables||1/2 basketball court|
|Ping Pong table||Grass area|
|Full kitchen||Playground equipment|
|Ramada (call 791-4873 to reserve)|
|Balboa Heights Park Splash Pad (seasonal)|
Schoolzout program (Ages 5-14)
This program is for youth 5-14 years old, (Kindergarten through Middle School only) during out of school time (Fall, Holiday and Spring Break). Activities are supervised, engaging and fun. Includes games, sports, social interaction, dance, art projects and nutrition based learning activities. Contact Center staff or see the Youth Programs page for more information.
Afterschool KIDCO recreation program (Ages 5-11)
An afterschool program for ages 5-11 years (currently enrolled in Kindergarten through 5th grade). Games, arts and crafts, sports, nutrition, music, movies, reading time, dance and lots of fun. Offered Monday- Friday from school dismissal-6pm, beginning Aug. 7.
- Nutrition program and life skills to help promote self-esteem and positive values.
- Encourages good homework study habits and varied interests and practices of recreational skills.
- Discount program is available for City of Tucson residents only.
Center Special Events
Must preregister. Contact Center at 791-5950 for more information.
- Thanksgiving Dinner - partnered with Tucson Night Owls
- Cookies with Santa - partnered with Night Owls
- 4th of July Celebration - sponsored by Friends of Marty Birman Neighborhood Association
- National Night Out - sponsored by TOP (Tucson Oracle Project Neighborhood Association)
Various activities for Adults and Seniors, inquire with center staff.
Senior Activity Card annual membership
$25 City Resident $30 Non-City Resident
Adult Fitness Programs (except June and July)