At Tucson Parks and Recreation, we are always planning ahead for a better community. Capital improvement projects are always under way to expanded existing facilities or construct new facilities to meet future needs.
|Tucson Delivers Projects||Planning Documents and Master Plans|
|Other Projects||Contact Capital Planning and Development|
Tucson Delivers funds are dedicated to improving City park amenities (playgrounds, sports fields, pools, splash pads, and recreation centers) as well as connections (greenways and shared-use paths, pedestrian safety and walkability, and bicycle boulevards). More information on the Tucson Delivers: PARKS + CONNECTIONS site.
- El Pueblo Pool Stair Replacement: This projects includes the structural assessment, design, and construction of replacement stairs for the slide flume at El Pueblo Pool. The Tucson Delivers project funding enables the slide flume to be repaired and reopened to the public after being closed in 2014 due to safety concerns. Project completion date is estimated for late fall 2019 to early winter 2020 based on the manufacturer's fabrication schedule.
- Estevan Park Field Lighting: This project includes the addition of new LED lighting on Soccer Field A and renovation of the existing basketball court surface, irrigation system, and parking lots. A consultant will be selected to begin design.
- Purple Heart Park: This project includes the design and construction of several new park amenities, lighting of the mult-purpose and softball fields, and renovation of the existing skate park, fencing, walking path, and parking lots. A consultant will be selected to begin design.
- Jesse Owens Park Softball Bleacher Shades: Design, construction, and installation of shade structures over two softball field (#5 & #6) bleachers. Shade structures are currently being fabricated. Installation is in progress.
- Chuck Ford Lakeside Park ADA Ramp: Design and construction of an ADA accessible ramp from the west parking area to the lake walking path.
- Gene C. Reid Playground: A new playground is being constructed at southeast of the Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center and northwest of the lake in Reid Park. The new play area will be ADA accessible and include shade and play structures for ages 2-5 and 5-12. Also included is a new drinking fountain with pet fountain and new landscaped areas with turf, trees, and irrigation.
- Mission Manor Restroom Replacement: This project includes the demolition, design, and construction of a replacement restroom at Mission Manor Park. The original restroom was condemned due to arson. The new restroom is scheduled for completion in mid- to late September 2019.
- Purple Heart Park New Amenities: Design and construction of a new group ramada and restroom at Purple Heart Park as identified in the approved park master plan.
- Reid Park Zoo: Phase I Master Plan Implementation: This project involves the design and construction of the first phase implementation of the zoo's master plan. The design contract has been awarded and selection of a Construction Manager at Risk is in progress.
- Sentinel Peak Park Trailhead Ramada: This project includes the design and construction of a trailhead facility at the park. After a public process, stakeholder consensus was that this project was the priority. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid- to late summer 2019.
900 S. Randolph Way
Tucson, AZ 85716