Tucson has a variety of parks and sports fields available to meet your recreational needs. From multi-purpose paths to new lighted soccer fields and a wide variety of ramadas to host family picnics to larger corporate or social events.
How to Make a Reservation
- Search for the availability and amenities to plan your event.
- Call or visit one of the Parks and Recreation District Offices or Parks Administration to make your reservation.
- Call 520-791-4873, option 3, Reid Park Administration: 900 S. Randolph Way
- When you make your reservation you will be asked the type of event (picnic, family reunion, special event, tournament) and number of attendees.
- If your activity is open to the public, you may be required to obtain liability insurance.
- For parties of more than 200 people, a letter describing your event is required.
- Always have your reservation confirmation receipt with you during your event.
Payment Due Dates
- Rental fees are due one week after the reservation is made.
- Your reservation will automatically be cancelled if full payment is not received by the due date.
- Credit/Debit Cards
(VISA, MasterCard or DiscoverCard)
- Checks or Money Orders
(payable to the City of Tucson)
May be mailed and must include the reservation number.
- To receive a refund, all cancellation requests must be made at least one (1) working day prior to the reservation by calling your 791-4873, option 3.
- To receive a refund for beer permits, the actual permit must be returned to the Department prior to the event.
- No refunds will be issued after the reservation date.
City Resident/Non-City Resident Fees
When making your reservation you will be required to provide your address to confirm you are City of Tucson resident.
Different rates or fees (pdf) apply to City residents and non-City residents for many programs and services.
If your event is rained out, please call 791-4873, option 3 within five (5) working days to receive credit for the rainout and to reschedule your event.
No Glass Containers
For safety reasons, glass containers are prohibited in City parks.
Clean Up/Damages Responsibility
Damage and/or litter to park facilities may result in repair or cleaning charges and may jeopardize your right to make future reservations. Upon firming a reservation, a customer agrees to clean up the area of use at the conclusion of the event. Failure to clean up may result in a cleaning deposit for future use. Please help to keep our parks clean for other users!
Most ramadas are equipped with electricity, picnic tables, grills, nearby playground equipment, comfort stations and other amenities that will make any outing a delight.
Check out detailed information, including availability, on all our ramadas.
- Parks and Recreation does not guarantee the availability of power due to overloading, malfunctions or vandalism.
- The Department provides picnic tables throughout the parks but cannot guarantee their replacement at specific ramadas, due to mobility of this equipment.
- Picnic tables in the park are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Barbecue grills are provided throughout the parks for your enjoyment. Open-pit fires are prohibited.
|Half day||8:00 am – 1:00 pm
2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
|Full day||8:00 am – 7:00 pm|
Payment Due Dates
Final payment is due one week after the reservation is made. For reservations made less than one week in advance, payment is due by the following business day by Noon.
Consumption of beer in a City park requires a permit issued to the responsible party for the event. Permits must be obtained in person at Parks and Recreation Administration or at one of our District Offices. Beer permit holders must follow these City guidelines (pdf).
Vendor Permit Information
Tucson Parks and Recreation offers three types of vendor permits, Quarterly, Special Events and Daily. Vendors must follow these City guidelines (pdf).
Quarterly Vendor Permits are in a Lottery System.
- Lottery is held at Parks and Recreation Department Administration Office, 900 S. Randolph Way on the third Monday in March, June, September and the second Monday in December at 8:30 am.
- Vendor permits are issued quarterly. Quarterly vendor permits are specificially for food and refreshments.
Special Event and Daily Vendor Permit Fee
- Special event permits are issued for a specific park in conjunction with a special event
- Daily permits are for single day use
The rules for use are:
- Reservation permit must include City approved vendor's name
- Approved list of vendors (pdf)
- Vendors must follow these City guidelines (pdf)
- Kiddie trains and pony rides are no longer allowed in Reid Park
- Personally owned inflatables/amusement equipment are not permitted in City parks
If you are a vendor and wish to be added to the approved provider list, contact Parks Administration at 520-791-4873 for details.
Live music or amplified music must be approved through the Parks and Recreation Director or District Administrator's Office.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable level to avoid disturbance to other park users and nearby residents
- All music must conclude by sundown (6:00 pm in McCormick & Reid Parks) unless otherwise approved in writing by the Director or a District Administrator
- Park hours must be observed as posted
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in loss of amplified music privileges
Ballfield and Court Reservations
A wide variety of ballfields and play courts are available in parks throughout the community. Many have lighting to accommodate evening use.
Look at detailed information on our baseball, little league, multi-purpose, soccer and softball fields or courts. Reserve with Sports Unit at 791-4870.
Fees vary according to the facility. You can learn about facility use fees prior to making your reservation by visiting the Rates and Fees section.
When reserving a ramada, ballfield, or court, you must indicate the type of activity planned. If an activity is open to the public, proof of liability insurance may be required.
Picnics, Parties and Weddings
The City of Tucson Parks and Recreation Department has a variety of facilities that can comfortably accommodate meetings, picnics, parties and weddings.
- A variety of ramadas are available for reservations throughout the City offering ample outdoor space for family picnics and parties
- Meeting/conference rooms of varying size, many with kitchen facilities, can accommodate indoor wedding receptions and parties
- Our golf course clubhouses are also available for celebrations; these facilities offer full-service catering and refreshments
- Your special occasion can be held at one of our special places
To make your reservation, call 791-4873, option 3.