Center Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Beth Lucas - TPRD-Therapeutics@tucsonaz.gov
The Therapeutic Recreation Center is located in Gene C. Reid Park.
|Inclusion Services||Youth Programs||Teen and Adult Programs|
Our mission is to provide programs that develop and enhance lifelong recreational pursuits for people with disabilities through adaptive, aquatic and inclusive recreation opportunities.
|Arts and crafts room||Enclosed backyard|
Recreation Inclusion provides opportunities for youth and adults, with and without special needs or disabilities to experience recreation and leisure time together.
If you have any questions, call the Inclusion Coordinator, Sue Jansen at 520-837-8060.
As in all programs offered by Parks and Recreation, the expectation of every participant is to follow the basic rules of conduct.
A participant may be excluded from a program if their presence poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, or requires a fundamental alteration of the program.
Monthly Social Dance
First Saturday of each month from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Armory Center, 220 S. Fifth Ave.
Register at the door
Admission: $1 and a current ID required - 16+
Dances are co-sponsored by Old Pueblo Civitan
To register, please call 791-4504
- Young Athletes Program for kids with developmental disabilities ages 2 1/2 to 7 years, Play group to prepare children for participation in Special Olympics Sports. Wednesday afternoons at T.R.C.
- Juniors Active in Wheelchair Sports for kids ages 6-16 Saturday mornings at Donna Liggins Center, 2160 N. 6th Ave.
|Therapeutic Social Club enjoys a day at the Reid Park Zoo.||Dancing partners worked hard to perfect their moves.|
- TGIF League Competitive Bowling for ages 16+, Friday afternoons at Lucky Strike Lanes.
- Recreational Bowling for ages 14+, all disabilities, Monday afternoons at Lucky Strike Lanes.
- Central Social Club for ages 22+ with developmental disabilities, Thursday evenings at Therapeutic Recreation Center.
- Adult Wheelchair Basketball, Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Northwest Neighborhood Center, 2160 N. 6th Ave.
- Special Olympics Track and Field for ages 8+
- Multiple Sclerosis Social Group for all ages.
- Open Recreation for ages 14+, Monday evenings. Fee: $1.
- T'ai Chi for Individuals with Physical Disabilities, Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, 1st Tuesday afternoon of each month