Plan Tucson, the new City of Tucson General & Sustainability Plan, was ratified by voters at the November 5, 2013 General Election and the results declared on November 13, 2013, Resolution #22160.
The City of Tucson has adopted the building codes with local amendments. The codes are updated periodically to reflect the latest standards of life-safety and construction technology.
- Local Amendments to the Building Codes
- Code Modification Appeal to the Building Official
- City of Tucson/Pima County Outdoor Lighting Code
- Water and Energy Conservation
The Unified Development Code & Supporting Documents – the Administrative Manual and the Technical Standards Manual – went into effect on January 2, 2013. These documents replaced the Land Use Code, Development Standards, and the development review procedures in Chapter 23A of the Tucson Code.
- Information about the UDC
- Supplements to the UDC, AM, and TSM
- Zoning Interpretations/Determination to the Zoning Administrator
- Overlay Zones
- Sunset Dates
- Land Use Code & Supporting Documents (Note: The LUC is only available to applicants who were landowners of the subject property prior to January 2, 2013 and who elect to use the LUC rather than the UDC)
Engineering Regulatory Documents - Below is a list of documents used in plan review that are helpful for applicants to refer to when preparing plans for engineering review.
- Access Management Guidelines
- Unified Development Code - Article 5, Article 7, Article 8
- Administrative Manual - Section 2
- Technical Standards Manual - Section 2, Section 4, Section 7, Section 8, Section 9, Section 10, Section 11
- City of Tucson Standards Manual for Drainage Design and Floodplain Management
- Pima County Detention/Retention Manual
- Tucson Code Chapter 25 Streets and Sidewalks
- Tucson Code Chapter 26 Floodplain and Stormwater
- Water Harvesting Guidance Manual
- Drainage Design Manual and Stormwater Retention Detention Manual
Chapter 3 of the Tucson Code
Land Use Plans
- Area & Neighborhood Plans
- Regional & Citywide Plans
- Planned Area Development (PAD) & Redevelopment Plans
- Ward & Neighborhood Associations
- Manuals, Guidelines, Reports & Links
- Map Resources
Policies to establish or formalize Planning and Development Services Department practices and procedures.