The City of Tucson has adopted the following codes with local amendments. The codes are updated periodically to reflect the latest standards of life-safety and construction technology. They can be found at the public library and/ or purchased through the International Code Council (ICC) or viewed at the Online Library. Each code has been amended to accommodate the City of Tucson. The local amendments (PDF format) are located below.
- Amendments to the 2012 International Building Code
- Amendments to the 2011 National Electrical Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Existing Building Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Mechanical Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Plumbing Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Residential Code
- Amendments to the 2012 International Fire Code
- City of Tucson/Pima County Outdoor Lighting Code
Information about Code used prior to 2013 is available here: Code History
Ordinance #11042 Adopting Local Amendments to Building Code
Ordinance #11089 Residential Gray Water (revised July 2013)
Ordinance #10549 Residential Solar Readiness Ordinance
Ordinance #10463 Inclusive Home Design - Handicap Visitability Preparations
Ordinance #21369 Green Building Rating for Residential Construction
- City of Tucson/Pima County Outdoor Lighting Code - The purpose of this code is to provide standards for outdoor lighting to protect the nighttime environment for professional astronomers and the public at large.
- Water and Energy Conservation - Ordinances pertaining to mandatory preparations
- Water Harvesting Ordinance
- Water Havesting Guidance Manual
The purpose of this manual is to provide basic information and design ideas to developers, engineers, designers and contractors of commercial sites, public buildings, subdivisions and public right of ways. The City of Tucson Unified Development Code includes requirements for water harvesting at these types of developments. The manual will also be useful for those interested in water harvesting on their existing or future home sites.
If you wish to file an administrative appeal to the codes, please visit Code Modification for information.