Click HERE to see the flyer.
Adoption of the 2018 International Codes with local amendments
The Tucson-Pima County Joint Consolidated Code Committee (TPCJCC) held ten public meetings to review these editions of the Building Codes considering staff recommendations and public comments regarding existing and proposed local amendments. Members of the Committee communicated with professionals throughout the state to consider all possible factors that may apply to the City of Tucson and staff worked closely with Pima County, Oro Valley, Marana, and Sahuarita seeking ways to align all of their amendments in order to remove barriers and costs of construction by providing greater regional consistency. The following codes and associated amendments were reviewed by the Committee and they unanimously recommended these Building Codes and local amendments be adopted by Mayor and Council.
• 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
• 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
• 2018 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
• 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
• 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
• 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
• 2018 International Residential Code (IRC)
• 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC)
• 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC)
Mayor and Council adopted all recommendations on October 9th, 2018