Please schedule using either our automated phone scheduler or on the web.
As of April 17, 2020, we are no longer using Appointments Plus to schedule inspections.
Remote Video Inspection allows our inspectors to use a video call on a 4G smartphone or tablet to visit your job site virtually to conduct the inspection remotely.
To see how a PDSD Remote Video Inspection works, watch this video.
The process for Remote Video Inspection is as follows:
- Schedule your Remote Video Inspection. Your inspector will call you the morning of your inspection, at the phone number provided, to establish an appointment window.
- The customer prepares for the video call by making sure their phone or tablet is charged, having the appropriate tools ready, and pausing loud construction activity.
- The City inspector will initiate the Remote Video Inspection call to you at the time scheduled on your chosen platform (or app) and will conduct the inspection remotely.
- Your inspection results will be available immediately on the Inspection Dashboard, and the following day on Property Research Online.
Technical requirements for customers
- Ensure your inspection location has 4G connectivity and your smart phone or tablet has 4G connectivity.
- You must have FaceTime or Google Duo on your phone or tablet in order to conduct the Remote Video Inspection
Remote Video Inspection Steps
- When entering the contact information for scheduling be sure to provide the phone number of the individual on the job site who will be walking our inspector through the site. Without a phone number for the key contact, we will be unable to call them to conduct your inspection.
- You will need your 10-digit activity number(s) and your 5-digit inspection code(s).
- Please keep in mind that your inspection time is intended to be a window rather than a precise appointment. Your inspector may be available 15 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time.
- You can schedule your remote video inspection either through the phone or on the web
Schedule by Automated Phone System: Call (520) 791-3111
The system will guide you through the steps.
Note: When prompted to include instructions, provide the phone number of the individual who we will need to call to conduct the Remote Video Inspection.
For more information, refer to the IVR Instruction Sheet.
Schedule on the Web using VelocityHall
2. Prepare for Remote Video Inspection
- Make sure the smart phone or tablet is fully charged
- Be ready to accept a video call at the scheduled time and respond to requests from the City inspector
- Ensure that you have the necessary tools on hand based on type of inspection. For example, carry a tape measure, level, GFCI tester, step ladder, or extension ladder for rooftop inspections.
- Turn off phone or tablet notifications during the video call. Notifications freeze the video call and will cause delays to the inspection or could require the inspection to be rescheduled
- Pause any loud construction activity. Background noise will make it difficult to communicate with your inspector during the video call.
3. The Inspection
- Begin inspection at street view looking at structure with the address showing
- Follow the directions of the inspector
- Walk inspection from bottom to top (if multiple floors)
- Make note of any items that need correction
- Please note, due to unpredictable workloads, the inspector may call as much as 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after the agreed upon inspection time.
4. Inspection Results
- The inspector will tell you in the video call if the inspection has passed.
- If your inspection does not pass, your inspector will inform you of what needs to be corrected and the comments will be available on PRO the next day.
- The inspector will update our permitting system after the video call is completed. The day after the inspection, comments will be available on Property Research Online (PRO)
- The inspector will assess if an additional fee for re-inspections is required
- If a re-inspection fee is required, pay online prior to scheduling re-inspection. Use the Pay Planning & Permit Fees button in the top left corner of the PDSD main page
- If you would like a same-day reinspection, tell your inspector during your call and they will inform you of any available times.
If you've scheduled an inspection and have questions
If you scheduled your inspection via IVR or VelocityHall, contact your inspector directly using the Inspection Dashboard.
1. Go to the Inspection Dashboard.
2. Click the magnifying glass and enter your activity number or the project address.
3. Enter that information, and the inspector's name and phone number will appear.
4. Give them a call.