Remote Video Inspection is an alternative to on-site inspections that require prompt service, a follow up after an initial on-site inspection, or scheduling a more specific inspection time. Remote Video Inspection uses a video call on a 4G smart phone or tablet in order to interact with the City inspector.
The process for Remote Video Inspection is as follows:
- Schedule your Remote Video Inspection
- The City inspector will initiate the Remote Video Inspection call to you at the time scheduled on your platform (or app) chosen and will walk you through the video call
- The day after the inspection, results will be available on Property Research Online (PRO)
Remote Video Inspection is Available for:
- Small Projects
- Rooftop Solar (photovoltaic)
- Electrical Service Upgrades
- Electrical Reconnects
- Water Heaters
- Gas Line Installations
- Parking Shade Structures
- Detached Storage Sheds
- Residential Construction (except roof nailing and intermediates)
- Follow-up Inspections (must verify with inspector)
New inspection types are always being added, ask your City inspector if your project qualifies.
Note: Based on the size and/or complexity of the project it may not be possible to complete the inspection via Remote Video Inspection. In that case, the remote City inspector will partially approve the inspection and make every effort to route a field City inspector to complete the inspection the same day. If this is not possible, the City inspector will schedule a field inspection for the next business day.
4G Wireless Service
Ensure your inspection location has 4G connectivity and your smart phone or tablet has 4G connectivity.
Have FaceTime, Google Duo, or Skype for the Remote Video Inspection
If you are downloading Skype on to your smart phone or tablet and creating a Skype account, remember your Skype username. You will need it when setting up your appointment.
Remote Video Inspection Steps
1. Schedule Remote Video Inspection
- Schedule Remote Video Inspection
- Follow the on-screen instructions. First time users will be prompted to create a profile
- You will be prompted to enter the permit number and the requested inspection numbers located on your permit
Note: All Remote Video Inspection appointments must be scheduled an hour before your requested time to get in the time slot. The last Remote Video Inspection will take place at 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2. Prepare for Remote Video Inspection
- Prior to the inspection, ensure that the necessary tools based on type of inspection are readily available. For example, carry a tape measure, level, GFCI tester, step ladder (for close ups of ceiling), etc.
3. Prepare to Receive Remote Video Inspection Call
- Make sure the smart phone or tablet is fully charged
- Be ready to accept a video call at the scheduled time and respond to requests from the City inspector
- Have the required tools (tape measure, level, GFCI tester, step ladder, etc.)
- Turn off phone or tablet notifications during the video call. Notifications freeze the video call and will cause delays to the inspection or could require the inspection to be rescheduled
4. The Inspection
- Begin inspection at street view looking at structure with the address showing
- Follow the directions of the inspector
- Walk inspection in clockwise direction
- Walk inspection from bottom to top (if multiple floors)
- Make note of any items that need corrected
5. Inspection Results
- The inspector will tell you in the video call if the inspection has passed
- The inspector will update our permitting system after the video call is completed. The day after the inspection, comments will be available on Property Research Online (PRO)
- The inspector will assess if an additional fee for re-inspections is required
- If a re-inspection fee is required, pay online prior to scheduling re-inspection. Use the Pay Planning & Permit Fees button in the top left corner of the PDSD main page
- Scheduling of same day re-inspections is based on availability of time slots in the calendaring service. Your inspector may provide the option for you to send a correction video or photos to them directly
- Scheduling re-inspections on the same day is possible, but is based on availability