The Unified Development Code & Supporting Documents – the Administrative Manual and the Technical Standards Manual – went into effect on January 2, 2013. These documents replaced the Land Use Code, Development Standards, and the development review procedures in Chapter 23A of the Tucson Code.
Unified Development Code - includes the City’s zoning and subdivision standards
Administrative Manual - is a supporting document of the UDC and includes the application submittal requirements, development review fees, and the City Development Review Committee procedure
Technical Standards Manual.- is a companion document to the UDC and the Administrative Manual and includes the Historic Preservation Zone design guidelines and engineering related site standards, such as solid waste collection, street design, and detention/retention standards.
Supplements to the Unified Development Code, Administrative Manual, and Technical Standards Manual are provided below for your loose-leaf copy of the Code, to bring the Code current through the lastest adopted and integrated ordinance. Please refer to the enclosed instruction sheet for new and replacement pages per supplement.
- Supplement No. 1 - May 2013
- Supplement No. 2 - November 2013
- Supplement No. 3 - June 2014
- Supplement No. 4 - September 2014
- Supplement No. 5 - April 2015
- Supplement No. 6 - December 2015
- Supplement No. 7 - February 2016
- Supplement No. 8 - July 2016
The Zoning Administrator renders the final decision, interpretation/determination on the matter when questions occur concerning the content or application of the Unified Development Code (UDC) or the Land Use Code (LUC), whichever is applicable.
Neighborhood Preservation Zone (NPZ)
Downtown Area Infill Incentive District (IID)
- Infill Incentive District (IID) - Ordinance 11246 (PDF) - IID Map (PDF)
- IID Neighborhood Liasion Policy (PDF)
Urban Overlay District
- Main Gate District (MGD) Document and Ordinance 11394 - August 9, 2016 (PDF)
- Main Gate District (MGD) - Ordinance 11015 (PDF)
- Main Gate District Discussion/Stakeholder Meetings:
- Agenda - Main Gate District Amendment Meeting - May 30, 2012
- Agenda - Main Gate District Amendment Meeting - May 16, 2012 (PDF)
- Zoning Overlays and Historic Preservation (PDF)
- Zoning Examiner Public Meeting - April 25, 2012 (PDF)
- Powerpoint Presentation - April 11, 2012 (PDF)
- Zoning Examiner Packet - April 23, 2012 (PDF)
- Ordinance 11199 (Medical Marijuana), adopted 9/9/2014, is set to terminate on January 31, 2019.
- Ordinance 11246 (Infill Incentive District (IID)), adopted 2/18/2015, is set to terminate on January 31, 2019.
- How the UDC and its supporting documents are organized
- Where the various regulations are located
- The regulatory differences between the LUC and UDC
- How the transition to the new documents occurred