Zoning Review at the Planning & Development Services Department handles the following items:
Review of all certificates of occupancy (checking for change of use)
Tenant improvements (checking for change of use and compliance to bicycle parking)
Review of land division
Residential Site Review (requires a plot plan) for:
- New construction
- Mobile home park set-ups
- Mobile home installation on private land
- Demolition for residential property
Commercial Site Review (those plans that do not have conditions applied by rezoning, annexation or plats) for:
- Expansions (includes expansion of building SF, Lot SF or Parking.)
- New construction
- Grading plans
- Demolition permits for commercial property
Community Design Review Committee (CDRC)
- Design plan review (those plans that have conditions applied by rezoning, annexation or plats)
- Subdivision review
- Mobile home parks development plan review
Landscape and Screening Review for Site and Development Plans
Native Plant Preservation Ordinance Review for Site and Development Plans
Review of Overlay Zones that apply to Project Area that includes:
- Hillside Development Zone (HDZ) done concurrently with plot, site or development plan review. Addresses slopes, which are 15% or greater and protected peaks and ridges.
- Airport Environs Zone (AEZ) done concurrently with plot, site or development plan review. Addresses Accident Potential Zone, Compatible Use Zone, Noise Control District and the Airport Hazard District.
- Major Streets and Routes Plan (MS&R) done concurrently with plot, site or development plan review. Projects the future arterial and collector street needs of the community.
- Environmental Resource Zone (ERZ) which is a separate review in addition to a site or development plan review.
- Scenic Corridor Zone (SCZ) is a separate review in addition to the site or development plan review. Addresses new construction and expansion dealing with landscaping buffers, site corridors, heights, setbacks and colors. Also deals with signs
- Downtown Heritage Incentive Zone for review of demolition permits within its designated boundaries
Providing general information concerning zoning, setbacks, parking, vehicle use areas, building heights and pedestrian circulation. General information may be obtained at the Development Services Office, located at 201 N Stone Av, 1st Floor North Side. Hours are 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday. The phone number is (520) 791-5608.