TUCSON POLICE DEPARTMENT SPECIAL DUTY PROGRAM
Welcome to the Tucson Police Department Special Duty Office homepage. City of Tucson off-duty police officers may be hired by the public to provide services such as security, traffic control for events and roadway projects, and other services as described in City of Tucson Code Section 2-130 and 2-131.
For your convenience, the Agreement Regarding Special Duty Police Services is available online. The system allows you to:
- Complete the contract in an online fillable PDF form, print, scan, and email.
- The executed contract may be faxed to the Special Duty Office at 520-791-4385.
*Note: If you are a government or public agency, please contact the Special Duty Office directly as your contract may contain specific language requirements.
Information regarding the insurance requirements may be found in Section XI of the contract. Please click the link below to view a sample Certificate of Liability for your reference.
- The Special Duty job location must be located within Tucson city limits.
- Officers will be in uniform.
- Officers may not be hired for an event in which armed private security personnel will be present.
- Officers may not provide civil legal services or act as a witness to civil legal proceedings.
- Officers may not be paid directly. The City of Tucson Finance Department will forward an invoice after the event to the contact person indicated on the Agreement Regarding Special Duty Services.
The Agreement Regarding Special Duty Police Services must be completed, in addition to a Certificate of Liability Insurance which meets the requirements of the Special Duty Program. Both documents must be provided to the Special Duty Office before services can be provided.
Rates listed below are per officer per hour. Requests received within forty-eight (48) hours of the start of work will be billed at one-and-one-half times (1.5) the regular rate of pay for the particular rank required or requested. Additional information may be found in Section VII of the Agreement to Provide Special Duty Police Services.
|Special Duty Officer Rates|
$43.00 per hour
$61.76 per hour
$48.00 per hour
$69.26 per hour
$53.00 per hour
$76.76 per hour
Vehicle rates fall under two categories; Constant Use, and Non-Constant Use and are charged per hour. Mileage is not charged. Additional information may be found in Section IX of the Agreement to Provide Special Duty Police Services.
Special Duty Vehicle Rates
Constant Use Rate
|Non-Constant Use Rate||$6.25/hr|
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Special Duty Office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The office is closed on weekends and those holidays recognized by the City of Tucson, as follows:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Cesar Chavez Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or require further information. We are happy to assist you!
Tucson Police Department Special Duty Office
Address: Westside Police Service Center
1310 W. Miracle Mile
Tucson, AZ 85705