The Tucson Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers for security through their web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or by calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Organizations that have recurring needs for off-duty officers can establish an account and schedule billing cycles with Off-Duty Management.
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment *:
- Officers may not be hired for an event in which armed private security personnel will be present.
- Officers may not provide civil legal services or act as a witness to civil legal proceedings.
- Officers may not be hired for an event where they would be a private bodyguard or bouncer.
- Officers may not be hired where alcoholic beverages are the principal business and may be permitted upon approval of the Chief of Police or designee.
* PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
|Vehicle Constant Usage||$29.92|
|Vehicle Static Storage||$7.25|
- 3 Hours minimum per request
- 72 hours prior to shift start required per request.
- 5 or more officers requested will require a Sergeant as the 5th officer.
- 16 or more officers requested will require a Commander as the 16th Officer.
In the event that a City police officer is not available to work, a traffic control position, the Chief of Police or designee may allow a community service officer to fill that job.
* Holiday Rates apply 0000-2359 hours on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
** Emergency rate applies when a request is received less than 48 hours prior to the start of the shift.
- Requests that require vehicles will require an additional 30 minutes allotted for vehicle pick up and return to the station.
- Vehicle Constant use is defined as the vehicle being driven or idled for 75% or more of the shift.
- Vehicle Static use means the vehicle is driven or idled for less than 75% of the shift.
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICE OR OBTAIN A QUOTE THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
VISIT THE OFFICERTRAK® WEBSITE LINK:
CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 TOLL-FREE AT 1-877-636-8300
1. Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; Customer canceling or reducing an assignment shall pay the full ODM Administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.
2. Customer canceling or reducing an assignment within 24 hours of the start of the assignment shall pay the greater of officers hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Admin fees depend on the coverage and can range from $6.40 - $12 per hour.