Interns are afforded a unique opportunity to assist the Tucson Police Department.
Interns can be an important part of the organization and are proven to be a valuable asset to law enforcement agencies. They help increase police responsiveness, service delivery, and information input, and they provide new program opportunities. In addition, interns can bring new skills and expertise to the job and prompt new enthusiasm. It is the policy of this police department to use qualified interns for specific tasks and duties that can create efficiencies for the department and improve services to the community. Interns are intended to supplement and support, rather than supplant sworn officers and civilian personnel.
IMPORTANT: Background checks are required for all individuals applying as an intern with the City of Tucson Police Department, in order to ensure that your background can be completed, all intern applications must be submitted at least 12 WEEKS prior to the start of your internship.
- Prospective interns shall provide all documentation required by their school to participate in an internship with the Tucson Police Department. Proof of internship requirement will also be requested.
- Internship applicants must complete a pre-screen application and submit it to the Recruiting Unit:
PAG/Intern Applicant Questionnaire
- Internship applicants will receive a fingerprint form upon submission of a completed application.
- Complete your fingerprinting Wednesday between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM. The Recruiting Unit will be notified when the fingerprinting has been completed.
- When both the pre-screen application and fingerprinting have been completed by the internship applicant, the Recruiting Unit will begin the background process.
- Once the background has been complete, prospective interns will be scheduled for a mandatory training curriculum with the Tucson Police Department Records Unit.
- When training is complete, Interns will be contacted to be scheduled for placement.
*The Tucson Police Department will try to accommodate requests for specific requests, however, actual placement will depend on department needs at the time of application.
Contact our recruiters to obtain additional information.