Changes to Property Damage Only Collisions

Due to the reduction in force of approximately 156 officers over the past two years the Tucson Police Department has undertaken, and now completed, a comprehensive review and analysis of the types of calls that currently require a police officer’s response. This was done to insure that the Department maintain the capacity to respond to critical emergency calls that require an immediate and timely law enforcement response.

If you are involved in an accident where no one is injured and your vehicle can be moved off the roadway, please obtain the following information from the other driver(s) to assist you in completing a thorough report at a later time:

  1. Obtain all personal information from the other driver(s) including name, address, phone number and drivers license number and state of issuance.
  2. Obtain insurance information from the other driver(s) including name of insurance company, policy number and expiration date of policy.
  3. Obtain the vehicle year, make and model, license plate number and state of issuance, and Vehicle Information Number. Also obtain the vehicle owner’s name and address.
  4. In addition, it is helpful to obtain the number of passengers in each vehicle, along with their names and phone numbers.

All parties involved in property damage only collisions in the City of Tucson may report those collisions one of three ways:

A copy of any collision report, if completed, can be obtained within five days from the Tucson Police Department website under “Online Reporting/Report Access–Collision Report Retrieval” at the following link: Services & Resources.

Additional Reporting Options

Should you suspect that the other party involved in the collision does not have valid vehicle registration, you may report that to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) at 1-800-657-4322, or via the ADOT website at: This link has been established for the purpose of reporting motorists who are in violation of vehicle registration laws.

If you are involved in a collision and wish to obtain and/or verify insurance information pertaining to another vehicle involved, you can contact the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) at 520-629-9808, or in-person at any MVD office to obtain an Insurance Information Request (Form 40-5901). This form can also be accessed, filled out, and printed via computer by going to: and entering "40-5901" in the "Form Name" field, then clicking "Search". MVD requires that this form be submitted with a copy of a police report (a copy of a mail-in police report as described above is sufficient), or by your insurance company if you are unable to provide a copy of a police report in support of your request. MVD charges $3 for this service.