The Tucson Police Department (TPD) proudly serves the business community. We realize businesses make the choice of locating and staying in Tucson because public safety is our top priority. We recognize Tucson is many unique communities within one city, and that our communities require tailored services. We assign TPD officers geographically to become familiar with and accountable to the neighborhoods and businesses they serve. The business of policing requires continuous improvement, embracing positive change, transparency, accountability, trust building, and maximizing our customer service. Policing is our business, and we are committed to our customers.
Here are a few ways we’d like to work with you:
- Send us an email at TPDLovesBusiness@tucsonaz.gov and we’ll set up a mutually convenient time when sector officers can stop by and meet you. We’d like to hear your concerns so we can be more responsive.
- Frustrated by a particular crime or quality of life issue that’s negatively impacting your business? Reach out to us and we’ll provide prevention resources, focused patrol efforts, or implement other specialized policing strategies.
Let us help make your property safer with Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED). Our personnel can help with issues ranging from:
The physical environment around a business can make a BIG difference when it comes to safety.
Here are Additional Ways We’d Like to Work with You:
- Are your employees prepared to deal with the potential workplace violence? There’s no substitute for knowing what to do in advance to avert a tragedy. We offer presentations and training.
- There’s power in sharing knowledge about what’s going on. If you’re interested in working with other businesses in your area to establish a “Business Watch” group, let us know and we will help you get started. Business Watch groups share information to significantly reduce crime and help each other out when it comes to public safety.
If Potential Workplace Violence is Occurring, Please:
- Try to remain calm
- Provide 9-1-1 with information:
- Number/location of suspects
- Do you know them
- Race, gender, physical description
- Clothing, colors, styles
- Types of weapons/any explosions
- Follow the directions of officers
- Show your hands and stay in safe area
Print a TPD Loves Business brochure (please set print orientation to "landscape", and select "print both sides" option to ensure proper print format)