Explorers are afforded a unique opportunity to serve their local community by volunteering with the Tucson Police Department.
- You must be 14 years of age and have completed the 8th grade or 15-20 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have permission from your parent/guardian.
- You must maintain a “C” average or better in school.
- NO felony or serious misdemeanor arrests on your record.
**THIS INCLUDES ALCOHOL/DRUG RELATED OFFENSES**
- You must have a strong interest in learning about Law Enforcement. If you’re interested in becoming a Tucson Police Explorer, you must be dedicated and attend at least 75 percent of ALL Explorer functions and meetings. The Tucson Police Explorer Post #180 is service oriented. Because of this, you must have a strong interest in community service.
You must attend and complete a one week summer academy to be eligible for the following:
Participate as an explorer in ride-alongs with Tucson Police Officers
- Travel to competitions in other states
- Process for promotional opportunities within the post.
Tucson Police Department
270 S Stone Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701